Thread: @ maliasghar
View Single Post
Old Tuesday, April 23, 2013

ajawad is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by maliasghar View Post
You are partially right. Though my father did ask me to appear for CE soon after my graduation in 2006, I was not entirely convinced and thought I would do better in corporate sector. However, my later experience proved my assessment about myself wrong. I think I am not cut for that environment, having seen my father in state service since I was born.

I took my first masters in engineering soon after my graduation, and then worked for some time in Banking, IT and public sector, before deciding to go for Civil Service. While preparing for my CE-2010 attempt, I was offered Commonwealth scholarship for study in UK, which I took and went abroad for my second Masters. While undertaking the study for MSc from LSE, I prepared for the CE in parallel, and (by will of God), was able to clear both simultaneously.
Hi Ali bhai,

I am late to the part so my apologies if I ask a question that might seem repetitive. I am currently pursuing a degree in Economics and International Relations from a college in the US. I am quite interested in foreign policy, global affairs etc and hence, would like to join FSP. However, due to sheer insistence of my family, I applied to a few business schools in England and have gotten in a few (most notably Cass Business School - still waiting to hear back from more prestigious institutions). I would like to appear for my CE exams in 2014 and I am also looking to get a deferral from Cass and apply for various outside scholarship sources to study in the U.K (including Commonwealth scholarship). Having gone through a similar process, would you advise me to take up this path? Or would you rather advise me to stick with CE/Business School? Lastly, I've been looking for more information regarding Commonwealth scholarships, however, the details provided on the internet are somewhat obscure and murky. If you could somewhat guide me on that front, it would be wonderful.

Thank you,
Ahmed.