View Single Post
Old Thursday, July 05, 2007
CSP Medal: Awarded to those Members of the forum who are serving CSP Officers - Issue reason: CSS 2007

DuuA is an unknown quantity at this point

Hats off to Maulanas and Hafsa Babes!!

It was surprising to know that mastermind behind all the staged performance was none other than Um-e-Hassaan. Quite a surprise! Huh! Anyway the way Maulana Abdul Aziz Ghazi has made his exit was a sheer anticlimax. I wonder what would become of his martyrdom dreams. What would be the fate of his dramatic revolution? Now according to him, Islam allows him to choose between two extremes (he preferred to be a fugitive). Well, this is not about religion. It is one’s resoluteness in ones cause. But people take a refuge of religion to justify their means and ends. What image do they portray when flag-bearers of Islam are on their toes to exploit to it to the end?

Apart from all the criticism, I think govt. has shown enough restraint. A person who is of the view that it is the govt. who is to be blamed for all the bloodshed should think again. How could it be handled?

Negotiations? Done.

Now if someone says that parties were not sincere and they wanted to maintain the standoff then I say there is always room for such hypothesis. So there is no need to discuss presumptions.

Physical force? That’s what we are witnessing.

Even then govt. has shown enough moderation. Govt. officials have extended the deadline so that everyone who wants to renounce the standoff can be given enough time to make his choice.

This is all how events are being pictured. But we should not examine any situation in isolation. Creeping extremism is a threat to our security. Govt. no doubt has directed its policies in wrong dimension. But then they have to cater their needs of existence and survival. National interests take a back seat in precedence. There is a fair probability that it has been engineered by the agencies to give a smokescreen to more alarming issues. It might be possible that this is the repercussion of lack of resolve on the part of govt. to handle the sneaking extremism in northern areas (of course this is one of the obvious reasons, but if we presume govt. has not cooked up it then this is the main reason of such incidents).