View Single Post
Old Thursday, April 25, 2013

sidra naveed is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by dms672 View Post
I am going to post my attempt. All respected Brothers and Sisters are highly requested to pinpoint my mistakes. Especially active members i.e. Faishal Bhai, Shakeel, Sidra, mehjabeen shahid, Aimen and other active members who have been sending their attempts must check out my attempt and take out my mistakes. Please check it out in detail. Thanks.

Role of Media in Current Scenario..

1-INTRODUCION

2-PRESENT SCENARIO

3-Electronic & Print Media (I will have to explain brodly i.e BBC, CNN, than Pak Media)

4-ROLE OF MEDIA
I-Positive Role
a-As a powerful weapon of the contemporary world
b-As a Fourth Pillar of state
c-Strengthens Democracy
d-Works for nation's prosperity
e-Source of Entertainment & Knowledge
f-Source of latest Information & educates masses exclusively
g-Media as a watchdog
i.for the rest of institutions
ii.for social evils
ii.for economical issues
iv.for political affairs
h-Reveals crimes and injustice internationally
i-Voice of masses and get attention of policy makers

I-Negative Role
a-Some times Media performs Biased role (Some examples, talk shows, anchors jumping from one to another channel)
b-Violation of article 19 in the name of freedom of speech
c-National interest & the concept of two nation theory are distorted
d-Improper Breaking News' Trend (TRPs)
e-Corrupt Journalist & Media owners
f-Lack of Accountability & Inefficient role of PEMRA
g-Pre-Planned talk shows (Example of Malik Riaz )
h-Foreign Cultures dominating through Media (Turkish dramas, Indian patriotic movies etc)
h-Can create confusions among the institutions (Clash of institutions , an example of the peaches of army chief & CJO Pak)
i-Media can make good to bad or vice versa

5-Remedial Measures
a-Proper Code of Conduct for both Electronic & Print Media
b-Rules and regulation of PEMRA should be implemented
c-Independent commission to look after Biasness
d-Credibility of anchors should be matter of serious concern
e-State should ensure the security of journalists
f-Broadcast only authentic and genuine news
h-Media accountability (IB's role, Ministry of Defence can do miracles to catch black sheeps)
i-Ethical and religious values be upheld while broadcasting
j-Media's role should be national development & to educate the masses
k-According to clause 3, a team of observer should be formed
l-Promotion of two nation theory (PEMEA's first & foremost duty)
m-A poll button on PEMRA's website for channels' ratting

6-Conclusion

In the current scenario Media has both positive and negative role. In the contemporary world media is one of the lethal weapon, she can do any thing what she want,she is the fourth pillar of state. It has very close relation with the democracy, and strengthens it to the great extent. As a matter of fact, the world has become a global village and it is the media which has made it possible, besides, both electronic and print media have been doing miracles in order to educate the masses. Apart from this, it is a matter of fact that whenever any thing is happened in the world, it is the media which presents that particular news in front of its viewers withing(typing mistake) seconds. More importantly, media plays a vital role in creating awareness and educates the masses(sentence repeated). She works for national prosperity, and keeps her eyes on for updated issues such as on economical, political, and social issues. It has seen, media, being a fourth pillar of state, reveals a lot of cases such as corruption, nepotism, violation and other many cases, even high profile politicians can not survive if they are guilty in any case before media. On the one side of coin media is playing its role astonishingly and on the other side of the coin it is playing its role antagonistically. Infact, some times media performs its role negatively, and also violate the article 19 in the name of freedom of speech in order to increase TRPs. Besides, pre-planned talk shows and breaking news are also a new trend in the media which make confusion among the institutions and masses. Aprart from this, our own culture is being doomed due to foreign culture which is being represented by our electronic media, such as Indian movies, Turkish dramas are becoming dominant on our own tradition and culture. In simple words, in current times media has a power can do anything anywhere anytime, she can make good to bad or vice versa(i didn't understand this point). Therefore, it is the need of hour to make our media good enough in order to git(get) rid off her negative role. In addition to this, media has to be patriotic and should perform its duty astonishingly.
Very good attempt. Comprehensive outline and introduction. There are some minor mistakes (typing mistakes)...
One more thing: kindly tell me what is the reason behind using She in some specific sentences instead of it (media) ?
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to sidra naveed For This Useful Post:
Ahmed Faisal (Thursday, April 25, 2013), dms672 (Thursday, April 25, 2013)