View Single Post
Old Friday, May 17, 2013

M Abdullah Azam is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by dr adnan rana View Post
There were rumours around that promotion in the customs cadre is affecting promotion prospects and will keep on affecting in the future as well.
After recent promotions of CSB and DPC, officers of 27th CTP have been promoted to BPS 19 and officers of 35th CTP are being promoted to BPS 18.

It was possible only due to special efforts of last two chairman FBR who belong to Customs who brought following reforms.

1. Formation of separate collectorate at Gilgit Baltistan
2. Formation of two (2) collectorates at lahore (Appraisement & Preventive)
3. Formation of three (3) new Directorates customs Intelligence & Investigation at Faisalabad, Queta, Peshawer.
4. Formation of six (6) Collectorates of Customs Adjudication at different stations.
5. Formation of Directorate General of Transit Trade, with regional directorates at, Karachi, Peshawer, Queta & Lahore separately.
6. Formation of Directorate General Of Intellectual Property Rights Enforcement with many separate regional Directorates.
7. Formation of Directorate General of Risk Management with many separate regional Directorates.
8. Formation of Directorate General of Reform & Automation with many separate regional Directorates.

All these reforms have been materialized and officers have been posted in these formations.There are many more reforms in the pipeline.
Aoa.Dr Sahib God bless you, you are rendering invalueable services to all aspirents.
Sir I have attempted CSS 2013, i am inclined towards customs for three reasons:
(a) Being Lahori I can get immediate posting in Lahore, which is valueable for a homesick person like me.
(b) Customs is less hctic then PAS & PPS.
(c) I would have opportunity of government residence.

for these persumeable advantages i am even thinking of preferring Customs over PAS & PPS. How would you evaluate this sentiment , being a veteran.