View Single Post
Old Saturday, June 01, 2013

sadaf ambreen is on a distinguished road

mr naeem bokhari is asking for 1 million to plead this case of age relaxation ,if i had 1 million i wont be doing css, he says that he can only guaruntee that the case will be decided prior to css 2014 and that the case of age relaxation is very strong against FPSC and there is a strong chance to have age relaxation but still he cant guaruntee the result, age limit for pms is 33 years

there is no case filed in islamabad HC by Naeem Bokhari. only one petition in LHC by A K DOGAR and RAI ANSAR, ppl keep questioning about case status without any practical effort

this is the whole conversation with mr imad khan who is a colleague of mr Naeem BOKHARI

start reading it from down to upwards

To: Sadaf Ambreen <****@yahoo.com>
Sent: Friday, April 26, 2013 3:11 PM
Subject: RE: please reply

Maam,

The best discounted professional fee i can quote is Rs. 1 Million, payable upfront inclusive of everything! Mr. Bokhari also has a Chamber in Lahore and appears in the Lahore High Court regularly. However, if one of you is a resident of Islamabad, the case can also be filed here in Islamabad, otherwise in the LHC. I am really sorry but we dont do installments as the fee is payable upfront and in cash. I can also not comment on how long the Court will take but this i can tell you that if you do decided to go ahead and hire us, inshallah it will be decided before the 2014 CSS session / examinations.

regards,

M.I.K

Date: Wed, 24 Apr 2013 10:10:57 -0700
Subject: Re: please reply
To: ****@hotmail.com

sir,
kindly tell the fees in total and how much will be payable before case? you belong to Islamabad as per my knowledge, will you file the case in LHC or IHC? and any rough estimate of how long will it take to get a court decision? as we all, the aspirants of css 2014 belong to middle class and are job doers, if there can be any feasible mode of payment (in 3 or 4 installments ) that will be very kind of you

Thanks & Regards,

Sadaf Ambreen
Lecturer
College of Management & Administrative Sciences
Government College University, Faisalabad
Pakistan
MBA (finance) gold medalist
Virtual University of Pakistan
Email: ****@yahoo.com.

To: "****@yahoo.com"
Sent: Wednesday, April 24, 2013 3:42 PM
Subject: RE: please reply

Maam,

Please rest assured that our chamber handles cases professionally, diligently and to the best of our abilities! We have also handled a some what similar case in the Islamabad High Court and gotten our client relief i.e he was able to sit in the CSS 2013 examinations after exceeding the age limit of 28. From what i understand, the appropriate forum for your case is the High Court and not the Supreme Court. Now coming to the fee, i am sorry but the professional fee is payable upfront and in cash. Hoping to hear from you soon.
]
regards,

M.I.K

To: ****@hotmail.com
Subject: Re: please reply
Date: Tue, 23 Apr 2013 19:11:41 +0500

Sir,
I am not asking u to do anything free of cost. Of course, I will pay the fees. As you know Mr A K Dogar already has filed this petition in LHC in September 2012 but now he perhaps is busy in some other case.he is saying that he will revert to the case in may after election but that's not sure. But I want to know a rough estimate of the expense so that we the aspirants of CSS 2014 will arrange that money. Also whether this case is decideable by high court or supreme court. And
Also we want the decision prior to CSS 2014 expected to be held in February/ March 2014. We want the lawyer to handle our case on priority basis. We are not asking lawyer to plead our case only and not any other case but Atleast in a timely manner. As for our case, time is the most important thing for we are aged 28 and don't want that till the case gets decided we turn 30 , then the age relaxation will be useless for us.
Also if there is any possibility to pay the fees in 3 or 4 installments during the case or half before the case and half afterwards
Hope you understand my point
Sent from my HTC

----- Reply message -----
To: "Sadaf Ambreen" <****@yahoo.com>
Subject: please reply
Date: Tue, Apr 23, 2013 3:28 pm

Maam,

What you are asking for cannot be done pro-bono. If you wish to engage Mr. Bokhari professionally, then that is a separate issue! Please do bear in mind that he is an expensive attorney.

regards,

M.I.K

Date: Mon, 22 Apr 2013 14:56:10 -0700
Subject: please reply
To: ****@HOTMAIL.COM

Respected sir,
My letter is related to CSS candidates’ age relaxation.I wish to file a petition in LHC/Supreme Court for age relaxation for CSS on the basis of following grounds:

Prior to Musharraf government , the age limit for CSS was 30 years of age Musharraf regime seized the power through military coup back in 1999, the best strategy for the regime was to control the government institutions and public offices effectively. Tightening the age limit was also one of the tools which were applied to block the entry of competent persons through this perilous process of examination.
I want the honorableSC to enhance the age limit for CSS to 35 years and qualification criteria to at least 16 years. Most of the universities are offering now four years graduation program i.e. candidates are getting 16 years of education as compared to previously 14 years of education.
This will help to cut down unnecessary training costs abroad for the people of this mature age would also bring some experience coupled with expertise with them to run the business of state effectively.
It is beyond logic that why government is reluctant to take competent people on-board by just removing a restriction imposed by a dictator, even though candidates would secure their seats on competition basis. Why government is not allowing them to take just exam and prove their competency?

Age restriction was imposed on about a decade ago, since then education system have undergone a number of changes e.g.
· Now universities are offering FOUR YEARS GRADUATION PROGRAM. To complete this education, one has to study four years, therefore, 28 years of age makes no sense.
· Secondly, after completion of education a number of candidates join private sector to eke out their living and to support their families. How is it possible for an average middle class to continue the studies without supporting his or her family? In 2008, SPSC has given 10 years of age relaxation to aspirant to appear in exam and prove their competency, as a result a number of candidates appeared and only handful of ‘best of the best’ could make it. What’s a problem with CSS exam?
· On 24, June 2010, Establishment division had issued an Office Memorandum (No: 9/2/91-R-5), as ‘Most Immediate’ was mentioned on it, regarding Clarification on general age relaxation of upper limit prescribed in recruitment rule. In this memorandum, the general age relaxation is given for five years to all posts except through CSS. No one could understand the reason or logic behind this decision. Why the whole government seems reluctant to let aspirant compete and take best of the best on board? The point#2 of this office memorandum is read as:
“2- In light of the recommendation of the Senate Standing Committee, the Ministries/Divisions/Departments are advised that hence-forth, the concession of 5 years general relaxation in upper age limit shall be clubbed with the maximum age limit of the post in their advertisements. In case usual upper age limit of posts in various Basic Pay Scales is as in column (2) below, the maximum age limit shall be as in column (4) below:”
It is quite ridiculous that, the BPS 17 person of ex-cadre is given 5 years age relaxation and age limit is already set 30 years but for the CSS exam, age is restricted to 28!
BPS
Age Limit
General Age Relaxation
Maximum Age Limit
1-15
25 years
+5 years
30 years
28 years
+5 years
33 years
30 years
+5 years
35 years
35 years
+5 years
40 years
40 years
+5 years
45 years
45 years
+5 years
50 years
50 years
+5 years
55 years
· Age limit for CSS exam is a direct ban on higher education, as after reduction in upper age limit in 2001, HEC has produced more than 15,000 PhDs but none of those high qualified could appear in CSS examination due to upper age limit. Similarly, lawyers, doctors and other qualified person who have acquired higher education are also deprived of CSS competition due to upper age limit.
· Pakistani society is a heterogeneous society in which most of candidates belong to poor and middle class families. They cannot avail three chances of CSS examination up to 28 years as they have to get educated as well as support their families.
· It is also worth mentioning that the FPSC has recommended at least 10 books for each paper and there are 12 papers in CSS examination. So, the total number of books is 120 or more. It is impossible for a middle class or poverty stricken candidate to buy these books and then study these books till the age of 28.
· It is a well settled principle that rules and policies should be made according to the situation and condition of public at large and not according to condition of few. The CSS age limit must be fixed keeping in view majority of poor candidate
· It is also worth noting that the Pakistani education system is not uniform. Can a candidate of public sector schooling system compete with a candidate of private sector schooling system? The answer is no. They need more time to prepare.
· The most important point is that the unemployment and exploitation of youth can make lead them into the hands of terrorists.
· Age relaxation to government servants is a severe violation of fundamental rights of our constitution because this means inequality of all citizens of Islamic Republic of Pakistan. Only a few people have government jobs while majority have jobs in private sector. So, this must be for both or none. Also, age relaxation is given to few areas and not to the whole country.
· Recently, age relaxation has been given to PMS candidates in Punjab. The decision of honorable judge Syed Mansoor Ali Shah for PMS age relaxation narrates, “As to appear in PMS, no previous experience is a requirement to apply. So, the relaxation given to government employees violates the rights of a common citizen. So, the relaxation should also be applied to general candidate who is not in public service.”
· Not only this, all provinces have given general age relaxation in all combined competitive examination, except those held under FPSC.
· The National Security Council under the supervision of former President Pervez Musharraf reduced the age limit for candidates appearing in CSS examination on general seats from 30 to 28 years, for backward areas’ candidates from 33 to 30; and for government employees with two years continuous service from 35 to 30. It is also worth noticing that most of the Musharraf’s orders are declared by government as “null and void” but this order still exists.
· For other jobs under FPSC, the age limit is 35 years. The same should be for CSS as it is a clear violation of fundamental rights. Also, age relaxation to the candidates belonging to only some specific areas of the country is also a clear violation of fundamental rights.
· A candidate of 21 years is most probably not fully mature for civil services. Examples from history are evident of the same fact. So, in order to recruit fully mature candidates and to avoid rot memory, upper age limit should be increased.
The government should also give at least five years age relaxation for CSS in order to avoid brain drain.
· India and Bangladesh has age limit of 21 to 30 but they facilitate to have maximum participation for it is the democratic right of every ‘capable and competent’ person to serve his or her country. Please see below the criteria of both neighboring countries; India and Bangladesh.
India:
i. A candidate must have attained 21 years and not be over 30 years on August 1 of the year of examination.
ii. The upper age limit is relaxed in specific cases as mentioned below:
a. upto a maximum of 5 years if the candidate belongs to SC/ST.
b. upto a maximum of 3 years if the candidate belongs to Other Backward Classes.
c. upto a maximum of 5 years if the candidate had been domiciled in Jammu & Kashmir during the period between January 1, 1980 and December 31, 1989.
d. upto a maximum of 3 years in the case of Defense Services personnel disabled during hostilities with foreign countries or in a disturbed area a nd consequently released.
e. upto a maximum of 5 years in the case of ex-servicemen including Commissioned Officers and ECOs / SSCOs who have rendered at least five years Military Service as on August 1 of the year of examination and have been released:
o on completion of assignment (including those whose assignment is due to be completed within one year from August 1 of the year of examination) otherwise than by way of dismissal or discharge on account of misconduct or inefficiency, or
on account of physical disability attributable to Military Service, or on invalidment.
f. upto a maximum of 5 years in the case of ECOs / SSCOs who have completed an initial period of assignment (5 years Military Service) as on August 1 of the year of examination and whose assignment has been extended beyond 5 years. Such candidates will have to provide a certificate from the Ministry of Defense stating that they can apply for civil employment and they will be released on a notice of 3 months, upon selection, from the date of receipt of offer of appointment.
g. upto a maximum of 10 years in the case of blind, deaf-mute and orthopedically handicapped candidates.
Bangladesh:
If not a child of a freedom fighter or a candidate for health cadre, the age should be between 21 to 30 years on the first day of advertisement year.
• If the candidate is a child of a freedom fighter or he/she is a candidate for health cadre, the age should be between 21 to 32 years on the first day of advertisement year.
• If the candidate is a scheduled tribal group member, the age should be between 21 to 32 years on the first day of advertisement year.

· Moreover, there should be elimination of the restriction according to which only three chances are allowed. There are thousands of candidates who are still under 28 year of age, but for one reason or the other could not clear the exam. Especially those who have qualified all the stages (written, psychological and interview/viva voice) but are not allocated to any occupational group. Let the competent be given at least a chance of fair competition in a country like ours where mockery of the merit seems to be a prevailing principle for government service.

Thanks & Regards,

Last edited by Z Bokhari; Sunday, June 02, 2013 at 12:20 AM. Reason: Sharing of email ids in posts is not allowed
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to sadaf ambreen For This Useful Post:
ayeshha (Sunday, June 02, 2013), dms664 (Sunday, June 02, 2013)