Thread: Pushto 2013
View Single Post
Old Wednesday, June 05, 2013
Medal of Appreciation: Awarded to appreciate member's contribution on forum. (Academic and professional achievements do not make you eligible for this medal) - Issue reason:

Thanked 1,265 Times in 674 Posts
VetDoctor is a name known to allVetDoctor is a name known to allVetDoctor is a name known to allVetDoctor is a name known to allVetDoctor is a name known to allVetDoctor is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by umarabbas View Post
@mani. 2012 was a bad year for languages (especially Pashto). I had scored 73 in 2010 attempt (the attempt was a so so one and I did not do the paper good). In my 2012 attempt, I scored 39 although I believed I was superb in the paper. FPSC has a habit of targeting specific subjects each year. Some times its journalism, sometimes sociology etc. 2012 was the year when Pashto/Regional languages were targeted. there is no reason to fear that it will be targeted in 2014. So its a safe choice for 2014. Pa pato stargo ey wakhla
All the regional languages have not been targeted, only Pushtu has been badly targeted. If you go through all the DMS of qualified candidates of 2012, you'll find a number of students obtained 80+ marks in Punjabi, but in Pushtu nobody crossed even 60.
Yes, i tend to agree with you that some subject(s) are targeted each year, so this year Pushto might be on the target. Second reason for low score might be that sometimes we take this paper for granted and don't prepare for it properly. I got 52 in 2012 and again opted it in 2013, lets see what happen this year.
@ mani g : If you have made your mind to take Pushtu as your optional, then you can go for it. If you prepare yourself properly, then you can score good marks, plus i must say that almost all the aspirants only rely on a single book " POHANNA" which doesn't cover 100% material, we need to study other books too.

Regards
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to VetDoctor For This Useful Post:
mani g (Wednesday, June 05, 2013), Naveed Aman Safi (Monday, April 11, 2016)