Quote:
Originally Posted by Sociologist PU View Post
I was happy at that time and i am also happy now. Happiness is a state of mind
State of mind is result of Sakoon and facilities
If someone has pressure of expenditure, how he feel happy sir:P
stay happy

Quote:
Originally Posted by aminshah101 View Post
Well sir, don't you think there should be a difference between a living of Grade 7 clerk and Grade 17 CSP? I know the wants are unlimited but needs are still necessary. Plus, there are few realities one cannot deny.

Going on Public Transport:. Secretariat is a red zone. So no public transport would be going there. And walking in a lounge suit (which is perhaps the dress code for Executives besides Shalwar Qamiz and waist coat), in the hot months of May-August, would pose a really nice outlook at work .

Going home on weekends:. A ticket of even Skyways now costs a minimum of Rs. 700 one way. So making it in a month would make it Rs. 5600/-.

Residence: Now, even a hostel on shared basis, without AC costs a minimum of Rs. 12,000/- if we include Messing. If it is Air Conditioned, the minimum jumps up to 18,000/-

Social Life: Would'nt it be a pity that when people, or even juniors come over to meet their colleague, they find him in a hostel with a student where he cannot even offer any hospitality to them? Social needs is one of the most important for any human being.

Marital Status: Well sir, you are single then but many people, like me would be married. I have a 2.5 years old daughter. The bare minimum expenses, if I don't give anything to my wife or at home, would be Rs. 5000/-

Transportation: The minimum cost, even of Public transport must be Rs. 50/- one way, as it was Rs. 30-35/- in 2009 when I studied there. So it makes a minimum of Rs. 2200/- per month. If I go by Taxi, it would jump to Rs. 8,000/- minimum and in case of own car, even on CNG, Rs. 5,000/-.

Please note that the minimum basic total, if I do not include expenses of my home at Lahore (not even my wife and any luxuries of my daughter), would be Rs. 24,800/-. I have not included any expenses like Laundry, Mobile, Internet etc. And I do not think I have mentioned anything that can be classified as luxury.

Now, the issue is not to nullify your tips or saying it is impossible. But the prime issue is that the level of status expected to be associated with a Civil Servant, viz a viz his pay shows a great disparity.

I definitely appreciate your thoughts but we cannot hide ourselves from reality. I do not advocate that same facilities should be given to each officer because facilities go hand in hand with the nature of job and that's quite justified too.

I just want to say that a Civil Servant should be facilitated to an extent where he can survive and have a social standing which Government of Pakistan has associated with them. It will not only act as a motivational tool but at the same time would form the basis of elimination of corruption at mass level. At least, the corrupt would no more be able to justify their deeds.

In this case, I think that Hiring is a good move given by Government of Pakistan. Besides hiring, if they can facilitate in means of discounted utility bills and transportation, the dilemma of OMG and alike services can be eradicated to much extent.
well done brother, Budget acha banaya hai appny
stay cool,calm and collective and enjoy life in Federal government