View Single Post
Old Monday, June 24, 2013
42nd CTP (PSP)
Medal of Appreciation: Awarded to appreciate member's contribution on forum. (Academic and professional achievements do not make you eligible for this medal) - Issue reason: CSP Medal: Awarded to those Members of the forum who are serving CSP Officers - Issue reason: CE 2013 - Merit 62

umarabbas has a spectacular aura aboutumarabbas has a spectacular aura aboutumarabbas has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ahmed Green View Post
'Not 'Indo-Pak' History, it's 'History of Muslims in India'

Anyways, i was told by an elder very early in my age that history is a set of lies, not many are lucky enough to know this through out their life.
History is not a set of lies, it is a mixture of both the truth and the lies and it is up to the student to filter out the truth from the falsehood. History further requires an open mind and a will to accept faults! with a biased study of history, you will never be able to appreciate its true essence.

One thing that I have learnt is that "History is written by the victors". The right books are always there so that means the canvas is placed. Perhaps we need to change the way we read it There are a lot of good books out there that reveal the true history of India. Learn, not just for the sake of clearing this exams alone, but learn to be a better soul for the future.

Anyways, for the time being, as is said, "If you don't like a rule, follow it, reach the top, and then change it'
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to umarabbas For This Useful Post:
my1manarmy (Wednesday, July 03, 2013), Peerhamza (Wednesday, August 06, 2014)