Thread: SNGPL JOBs
View Single Post
Old Tuesday, July 02, 2013
41st CTP (OMG)
CSP Medal: Awarded to those Members of the forum who are serving CSP Officers - Issue reason: CE 2012 Merit 131

aminshah101 has a spectacular aura aboutaminshah101 has a spectacular aura aboutaminshah101 has a spectacular aura about
Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muhammad Sohail Ahmad View Post
Yes Dear, today i phoned to H.R. Department@SNGPL and inquired about position of hiring process for NTS taken in May 2013. They didn't answered clearly but receptionist told me that hiring process is suspended/postponed till further orders.

Dear Amin Bhai! i need your guidance. Shouldn't we file a petition in court of law against unjust ban/suspension on current hiring in sngpl / govt. or autonomous organizations?

Dear brothers,
I have a question in my mind that is: What is the corporate status of SNGPL as the Govt. of Pakistan holds only 31.68% out of total shares of SNGPL? Is it a Public Limited Company or an Autonomous organization?
Dear, it has 52% shareholding of the Government of Pakistan, so it a Semi Government, Public Limited Company. It comes under the Ministry of Petroleum and Natural Resources. Its MD is appointed by the Government and so are the directors (except those having private shareholding).

Well dear, its your call whether to file petition or not. I am unaware of legal implications regarding hiring process.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ch Kashif View Post
Amin bahi Any update about NCBMS jobs???
Kia wo process hu gi ya Cancel ho gae ha???
Cancel nahi hua. Halt ho gaya hai.

Quote:
Originally Posted by stalking||shadow View Post
Its in its name Sui Northern Gas Piplines LIMITED. It is a company. It bills you not taxes you. Hence it is not a Government Body.

Moreover having certain amount of shares by Government does not mean that the company becomes a Government body. It is clearly an independent corporation with its own Board of Directors.
Dear it is not. It comes under the Ministry of Petroleum and Natural Resources. Its MD is appointed by the Government and so are the directors (except those having private shareholding). And having certain amount of shares and having more than 50% of the shares are something different.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nas Nad View Post
In my veiw this kind of ban applies on those orgaisations where they directly induct the candidates, as PPSC FPSC induction process cannot come under it similarly SNGPL or other same kinds of Public ltd companies inducting peoples from NTS so same here the case.
Unfortunately, they do fall in the same category dear. Commissions are a separate story. They hire people for directly for Federal/Provincial Government. These companies are revenue generators for Government, so they are separate stories.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Furqan Yousaf Khattak View Post
Hiring process is suspended till the appointment of new MD/CEO.... is that right?
Appointment of new MD is again a different aspect my dear. The basic issue is ban enforced by the government.
irtiza (Sunday, August 11, 2013)