View Single Post
Old Tuesday, August 07, 2007

Hira Butt is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by waqasishtiaq
Salam everybody!
sir i was recently surfing csspk.com and was reading the description given of information group ..i came across the following passage.

"The Information Group officers are poised to serve in the power corridor They are usually posted as PRO, Press Secretary, Media Manager to Federal Ministers (Ministries) etc The senior officers participate in decision making at the highest level Officers of Grade 18 and above are posted as Press Attaché, Press Counselor and Press Minister at Pakistani missions/embassies abroad These officers project the image of Pakistan and counter the anti Pakistan propaganda The Information Group officers are also posted in corporations and other federal government departments on deputation."

i think its the official description of information grp...my question is that can a CSP ever get to become a Federal minister....as it is written above....i dun think that a govt servant can ever become a minister of any wing/ministry atleast not through css.(Federal ministers are usually Elected members of National Assembly)......can u clarify me on this point ..Thanks in Anticipation
@ Waqas
Wa'salam Mr. Waqas !
I think you didn't read the above passage carefully; read it again sir. No where, it is written that Info group officers are posted as F.ministers; Instead they can be posted as PRO, Media Manager to Federal Ministers in different ministeries.
+Also, csspk.com is a privately managed website like this forum (cssforum) and in no way the information on these sites are official. By official it is meant that published by Govt of Pakistan (or FPSC) but both of these sites are privately owned and information on these forums in no way be stated as official. However, because many of CSPs and other civil servants interact with us via these online forums so information from these sources are obviously correct.

+I hope you got my point.
tc
AH
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Hira Butt For This Useful Post:
Hira. (Wednesday, August 08, 2007), Noman. (Wednesday, August 08, 2007)