View Single Post
Old Tuesday, August 06, 2013
Qualifier: Awarded to those Members who cleared css written examination - Issue reason: CE 2011 - Roll no 8157Medal of Appreciation: Awarded to appreciate member's contribution on forum. (Academic and professional achievements do not make you eligible for this medal) - Issue reason: Diligent Service Medal: Awarded upon completion of 5 years of dedicated services and contribution to the community. - Issue reason:

Thanked 2,849 Times in 1,328 Posts
Tassawur is a bearer of wisdomTassawur is a bearer of wisdomTassawur is a bearer of wisdomTassawur is a bearer of wisdomTassawur is a bearer of wisdomTassawur is a bearer of wisdomTassawur is a bearer of wisdomTassawur is a bearer of wisdomTassawur is a bearer of wisdomTassawur is a bearer of wisdomTassawur is a bearer of wisdom

Quote:
Originally Posted by tayyaba naz View Post
A.o.A, thanks a lot for such valuable information, now please guide me about some good books on Arabic, especially for grammar, MCQ's, short questions and translation into Urdu or English??? and what are the questions that we can attempt in urdu?

As well as the material for it's preparation is concerned , I relied on notes by Prof Hafiz Arshad Sahb , a popular name for Arabic in Lahore. Besides these notes , the reading of the book Taareekh e Adab e Arabi by Ahmad Hassan Zyat proves highly instrumental in the preparation of this subject.
Now some other books are also in market for Arabic. Earlier only those notes were consulted by all as there wasn't a single book in market till 2012. Those notes contain material on MCQs , Short questions , translation as well as the subjective questions and short essay. As there is not asked any question regarding grammar , one does not need wasting time on learning grammar.

The subjective questions in paper can be attempted in either of the languages, English or Urdu keeping in view one's own convenience. Translation portion is mostly attempted in Urdu even by those who attempt the subjective questions in English . I did the same. While rest of the paper is attempted in Arabic . I mean
MCQs 40 marks
Short questions 30 marks
Short Essay 10 marks

How to go for the preparation of arabic? I started the preparation from Translation Portion. And step by step proceeded further.
However , it is better to start from two ends. On one hand start preparing translation and on the other take a bird eye view reading of the whole reading material. From reading material I mean if you are using notes of Hafiz Arshad then those or otherwise whatever book you are consulting.
First just take a reading. As you finish reading , start preparing properly questions by question or topic by topic .
While doing this said preparation on the sidelines satrt it's mcqs preparation and then its short questions. In this way everything would get prepared. At the end prepare the short essay.
This is how I went for the preparation of this subject in my previous attempt and scored 140.
isha saeed (Wednesday, August 07, 2013), khankhajjak (Thursday, August 08, 2013)