View Single Post
Old Saturday, August 17, 2013

Anønymøus is on a distinguished road
Post Quota

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrostFlame View Post
My dear, first of all this is not a school. This is a country, a democratic country, where all the citizens have equal rights, equal position, and equal power of decision, but alas, no equal education. Well fine, I am not going to enter into the terribly complex topic of education, but there are many other reasons that clearly lead to the system of quota. I have told you about some of the equalities but there are a number of inequalities too, the ones that can not actually be called as inequalities, but the traditional differences. I hope you might have the background scenario of the differences I am talking about, in Sindh, Balochistan, FATA, KPK, and in even Southern Punjab. These traditional differences lead the people to a complex life, though they have the right to compete in any part of competition in this country, that is what I guess Democracy is. Giving each and every individual an equal opportunity to avail any type of opportunity. These problematic and disturbing situations lead the law-makers to nothing but quota system.

Talking about the Army. I would say I was really amused by hearing what you said up there. It is an open-secret that quota system is indisputably followed in Pak Army, not provincially but ethnically. I am really sorry if my words offend anyone's personal interests, but the broad view witnesses that Army favors Punjab and Northern Areas, for specific reasons though. I am not going to put up any example, just take a view of list of all the Generals since the beginning.

Quota system is a necessary tool in most of the third world countries to encourage every individual belonging to any part of the state. Specially the countries having mixture of living standards and lifestyle opportunities. Fortunately and unfortunately as well, Pakistan is one of them, where educated people are trying to develop catastrophic conditions by making a dispute over unnecessary things. CSS is no doubt a competitive exam, but yes, the Luck-Factor in this exam that we all have heard of, since our childhood, is only due to this quota system. Well no offense, anybody can avail this opportunity, and succeed, if these absurd things are kept out of mind.
  1. Examples are made to elaborate the concept, not for real situation replacement.
  2. We are talking about officially declared policies, not for hidden or open secrets which may or may not exist. As per disclosed policy there is no quota in regular commission of any armed force.
  3. For low living standards, low educational facilities in some geographic areas, we have provincial public service commissions and many other things. Competition at Federal Level should be free of this crap.
  4. There is difference between disagreement and failing to understand of other side views, I with no offence feel that you lie in second category.
anam9999 (Sunday, March 08, 2015)