View Single Post
Old Sunday, August 18, 2013
Makhzan-e-Urdu Adab
Medal of Appreciation: Awarded to appreciate member's contribution on forum. (Academic and professional achievements do not make you eligible for this medal) - Issue reason: Diligent Service Medal: Awarded upon completion of 5 years of dedicated services and contribution to the community. - Issue reason:

Thanked 4,047 Times in 1,576 Posts
Farrah Zafar has much to be proud ofFarrah Zafar has much to be proud ofFarrah Zafar has much to be proud ofFarrah Zafar has much to be proud ofFarrah Zafar has much to be proud ofFarrah Zafar has much to be proud ofFarrah Zafar has much to be proud ofFarrah Zafar has much to be proud ofFarrah Zafar has much to be proud ofFarrah Zafar has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by bilal solangi View Post
sister Farrah kindly check my following precise:

Precise from past paper 1990:
There are types of laboratory where students are slaves of the tape recorders which urges them along at the same speed and without rest and interruption, the whole process being wholly beyond their control. Freedom to go at one’s own pace, repeating what has yet not been mastered. At other extreme the learner has a tape suited to his own needs and the freedom to rewind it and to listen and repeat, this kind of laboratory is most flexible. If a learner has been absent from school for a considerable time, various forms of first aid need to be given. The shy and sensitive learner is spared the contempt of his fellow learners when he makes a mistake, he can go astray fearlessly. Much depends on class room atmosphere, on the relationship between teachers and taught. Need the teacher’s manner be intimidating? If it is, mistakes will possibly be more numerous and the shy learner still more reluctant to speak. Undoubtedly the language laboratory can be a means of providing models of native speech, since language is a social activity.
Precise:
Title: The language laboratories and their effects
Language is learned through interaction and laboratories provide the means for such interaction. The type of language laboratory that does not come up with the specifications to facilitate student are less likely to have any effect on learning. Whereas the one which is student oriented provides not only freedom and confidence to students but also reduces peer pressure over shy students. Moreover the way teacher behave with their pupils is also an important variable in reducing errors and increasing self esteem on introvert students.
There are mistakes in original paragraph.

Though your precis is well written yet you need to be more careful.

are less likely : (Is) because you are talking about single laboratory.

teacher behave with their : It is teachers

Keep it up !