View Single Post
Old Sunday, August 18, 2013

Guddu is an unknown quantity at this point

Q.6 Urdu main salees tarjuma kijiye: -

In the old times scarcity of people, made each family of cultivators of great value to their land lord. In many parts of the world, when once a peasant had settled in a village, he was not allowed to go away. In hill districts where the wandering system of husbandry was in vogue, no family was allowed by his chief to quit the territory; for each house hold paid a poll-tax to the chief and the chief did not wish to loose his money. In many places, the lower classes of husband-man were attached like serfs to the soil.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aariz Ahmad View Post
Dear, the most honest answer to you question is following:
1. I have never learnt idioms by learning the book. Rather whatever I have read through general reading.
2. For adjective conversion, again I have never learnt the language by canons of grammar. I used to watch CNN & BBC from childhood. I was never interested in grammar class. So I dont know how the syntax of my words are arranged.

Yet, you would be amazed to know that I had cleared CSS-2010 Essay paper as well as composition paper!
My marks in Essay were 40
& in composition they were 56

What I mean from telling you is that there are 2 ways to learn the language:
1. Natural (like we learn Urdu or Sindhi in our childhood)
2. Grammar (that we are taught in schools)

I have learnt it the first way. But, my head start to stumble when I get questions like convert these words into that part of speech.

I hope you got my point. So I am not an authority on the language
sir, I did get your points and I really appreciate your honesty I hope we'll be going through a fun learning till CCE-2013 exams. now please take some time out of your precious time and make the translation for members.
in last I can't stop myself asking you one thing that what is so ticklish which makes you smile while talking to me. Obviously these tiny smilys would be backed by some bigger laughter behind the scene. so, allow me to ask you. Is there a gun in your pocket or are you just glad to see me? hope you take it in a fun way.
The Following User Says Thank You to Guddu For This Useful Post:
Aariz Ahmad (Sunday, August 18, 2013)