View Single Post
Old Monday, September 09, 2013
Medal of Appreciation: Awarded to appreciate member's contribution on forum. (Academic and professional achievements do not make you eligible for this medal) - Issue reason:

Thanked 1,290 Times in 783 Posts
exclusively has a spectacular aura aboutexclusively has a spectacular aura aboutexclusively has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hifsa Iqbal View Post
@ Exclusively
according to my opinion,you are going in a right direction.
May Allah bless you with success
I second your opinion for Exploring the World of English
but dear is there any trick for learning idioms and synonyms,or is it just a game of fluke..? as im not geting them merely by reading..
Don't cram idioms, learn the art of solving.. For idioms oxford idioms' dictionary is the best dictionary. In addition to this, you must consult net, solve not less than 3000 idioms, when you cross 500+ idioms. Then you will automatically will be familiar with idioms as they are just sayings and proverbs. Practice is the best way to grip idioms. Apart from that you need to make your own notes of your idioms. In this regard one thing should be noted that when you attempt an idiom make your own sentences. Because, if you cram bookish idioms, then you won't solve a lot of idioms. As it is my experience. Indeed, it is the best way as much as I have assumed so far.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Imrantm View Post
kindly also suggest me any good book/strategy plan to handle the narration and correction as i am quite in both sections
For narration there is a book of Elmi. Practice that book. I am sure will be able to do all of the narration asked in exam.

For Correction, solve only past corrections. In this regard, Discovering the world of English is one of the best books. Don't follow Exploring the world of English. As it has become out dated as per my experience.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to exclusively For This Useful Post:
bluntman (Thursday, September 12, 2013), Imrantm (Tuesday, September 10, 2013)