View Single Post
Old Wednesday, September 11, 2013

Imrantm is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by aminshah101 View Post
Well, CSS 2013: my second but last attempt as I would overage for my 3rd .

Unlike 2012, I got around 45 days at my disposal (courtesy my job in SNGPL this time around) but due to the arrival of my elder brother, bhabi and nieces, I got hell busy and hence, 20 days were occupied by them. So I started off on 29 January 2013.

This time around, the books were already found, the errors were corrected. But the mistake I committed was to be out of touch from books since CSS 2012 written.

The prep was comparatively more planned this time around but 25 days is still not much of a time.

Time passed and exams came in. I prepared three Essays this time around: Good Governance, Global Warming, Why Democracy Fails in Pakistan.

When Essay paper came, I came out as a SHOCKER . None of them came. Khair, I managed to attempt Country Life is better than City Life and tried to express my opinion. Keeping my fingers crossed regarding that. . But I feel hopeful....

The Precis paper was unexpected but not as much as Essay. Except vocabulary (which was a nightmare and I got only 12 right), rest was ok.

Everyday Science paper puzzled me a lot due to the unexpected type and I got my entire 100 minutes utilized for Objective. However, I attempted the paper completely and got 38 objectives and 4 questions completely right .

Current Affairs: the nightmare of 2012 turned out to be the opposite of what happened in 2012. All 4 questions attempted nicely and 16 objectives correct.

Pakistan Affairs: 10 objectives right and 4 questions attempted well

Islamiyat: 10 questions right and all 5 questions attempted nicely

Now the time of optionals came:

Journalism: 18 MCQs correct with 4 questions attempted well

Indo Pak: Keeping in mind the pattern, the paper came as a flip side. Balban for 4th consecutive year . Paper I went better than 2. Overall, 26 MCQs correct and out of 8 cumulative questions, 6 and a half questions were nicely attempted. Overall, nothing missed out in both papers.

Business AdL: Extremely puzzled during the start of the paper. In the first hour, it appeared as if I don't know anything. But by the Grace of Allah, attempted 2 numerical questions from Finance and both turned out to be correct hence ensuring 40 marks from Finance . These, coupled with 19 correct MCQs ensure a high score, agar headings daikh kar paper check karnay ka riwaaj na hua to .

Forestry: Again a U-turn in paper. 3 questions from Wildlife. I attempted 2 of them and wanted to attempt 3rd one too, but then replaced it with Short Notes to minimize the risk. Got 17 MCQs correct.

Statistics: The last paper but another most critical paper besides Business Ad. Pressure was immense as Stats was opted by me to act as a trump card. It further increased when 4 people left the hall in first 30 minutes.

Got 17 or 18 MCQs correct. Contrary to my attempt in 2012, I attempted all 5 numerical questions this time around and unlike 2012, did not leave any question. Except for two sub-part (2 marks each), got all questions correct Masha Allah. Hopeful for a quite high score as in Business Ad.

However, almost all questions had Part (a) as descriptive questions, ranging from 2 to 4 marks so cannot guarantee my score in them.

Thats about papers.

The differentiating point this time around was that I used to checked my MCQs from the internet and other books right after my paper, which gave me an idea of the position where I stood.

On a personal note, my intuition says that barring Essay, all the other papers of mine went well when compared to previous attempt of 2012.

All I need is Countless Blessings, Mercy and Kindness from Allah Almighty, prayers of family members, and best wishes of my peers out here. .

If the Will of Allah is not otherwise, I personally believe that Insha Allah, my result of CSS 2013 would be better than that in CSS 2012..

Rest upon Allah and on the human side, the Examiners .
Thanks for sharing your experience.
(1) English Composition Paper: Kindly suggest any good book for vocabulary.
(2) EDS Paper: Please share your strategy for EDS MCQs including Book for MCQs.