View Single Post
Old Wednesday, August 29, 2007

Kashinov is on a distinguished road
Well.......hopefully i'll be posting my attempt in time.....this time round. Anywayz, here goes nothing.....

Title: Two kinds of Men

All nations are unique but the similarities amongst them are more than their differences. Indolent men with parasitic inclinations are found worldwide whereas the content over-diligent busy bodies are a rarity. Both are usually unaware of their idiosyncrasies. Resultantly, the lazy man demands his rights as if society is indebted to him and the hard worker thinks the opposite and talks about obligations. The former is a master at making excuses. Initially, his peers believe him but they soon wise up. His self-deception leads to his failure. Disappointed, he wrongly accuses everyone apart from himself for his predicament and thus becomes a distraught individual. The latter man always takes on challenges. Ironically, in times of need, the lethargic man who is idle is the least dependable although he may say otherwise and the busiest man is the most dependable.

Words: 139 words.

Target: 417/3 = 139 words.

Regarding last time's precis.....Rules are rules and we are meant to follow them. I know you are bound by the regulations of the thread and that your intentions are good. So no hard feelings. The only thing/line I didn't understand was this one:
Quote:
Really sorry caz you are late more to me.
which was taken from the following paragraph you wrote:-

Quote:
My answer is same to you that precis submitted after analysis is not eligible to meet the criteria of correction. Really sorry caz you are late more to me. So try next time.
Would you like to elaborate? It seems like a typo/grammatical mistake therefore I cudn't get you.

SUGGESTIONS

Anywayz, I would like to make a couple of suggestions that MAY OR MAY NOT improve the thread/precis writing exercise.

1. Would it be possible for you to also score our feeble attempts at precising the paragraphs. It will give us an idea of how good.....(or BAD) our preces are.....(ALSO WHAT IS THE PLURAL OF PRECIS?).....It cud be a relative scale and help us compare our preces.....(AGAIN>>>>>WHAT IS THE PLURAL OF PRECIS?) with each other and with the MODEL PRECIS.

2. Could you also announce the best precis...(OF COURSE, AFTER YOUR MODEL PRECIS, THAT IS) amongst the participants of the thread for a specific passage. Once again, it will help the participants to compare their attempts with that of the Model and the best precis. In addition, it will create a sense of competition amongst the participants of the thread.

The above suggestions are just suggestions. You can follow them or you can throw them in the trash, that is up to you.

Anywayz, I'll be waiting for your reply, Miss Naqvi. DON'T WORK SO HARD THAT YOU FALL SICK AND DO TAKE CARE!!!!!!!!!

Take Care and Stay Cool!

Regards..............

Last edited by prieti; Thursday, August 30, 2007 at 01:16 AM.