View Single Post
Old Monday, September 23, 2013

december is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by rishzzz View Post
The Provincial Management Service (PMS-Punjab) Training of 5th batch commenced from 26-08-2013 at Management and Professional Development Department (MPDD) Lahore. Since there was no thread which could expound the training experience and exposure of a PMS Officer in detail I felt it requisite to share our Training experience at MPDD with forum members esp. for young aspirants who want to join bureaucracy. I personally am among those who despite qualifying and being allocated had nominal information about PMS.
I hope my other batch mates will contribute to the thread.
We had received a letter from S&GAD and MPDD for guidance about training date, venue and code of conduct etc. We reported in the morning with lot of queries in our minds related to MPDD and training course as most of us knew a lot about css training having diminutive information about PMS training.
MPDD is basically divided in 3 blocks, academic block, old hostel and new hostel. Once we went in, the apparatus and infrastructure were exceptional like private sector institutions. We were entitled PMS probationers and our strength was divided among two batches. Halls, syndicate rooms, conference rooms, executive meeting rooms and labs give very modern look with fresh installations and lot of facilities. Yes you seriously doubt public sector departments could also have such offices, facilities and attire.
We were issued cards, bag with 3 booklets and stationery. MPDD has majority of young staff/instructors. Then we had an orientation in which almost all the instructors and officers in management were introduced, Director Acad. gave a protracted speech and presentation discussing SOPs of MPDD and our course contents. Achy achy duayen di gyen or best wishes wgera, bureaucrats ka role kiya hota he Govt. me us pe kuch batain ki gyen and our elevated prestige as superior officers in provincial govt. was elaborated in detail.
Phir hostel room keys issue ki gyen and hostel dekha Hostel was also good rather one of the best I have seen so far in training academies, may be because of its new construction.
This was story of first day I shall keep updating…….
Stay in touch
does performance in training affect seniority.plz also tell about content of training