View Single Post
Old Saturday, September 28, 2013
The TechGeek
Moderator: Ribbon awarded to moderators of the forum - Issue reason: Medal of Appreciation: Awarded to appreciate member's contribution on forum. (Academic and professional achievements do not make you eligible for this medal) - Issue reason:

Thanked 1,178 Times in 888 Posts
incounternable is a jewel in the roughincounternable is a jewel in the roughincounternable is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by umarabbas View Post
In essay's there is no right or wrong opinion. Everybody is free to express his thoughts in any fashion he/she may want to. All you need to do is to take extra care of your English and your thought flow and that's about it.

Opinions can be and will be different: I am of the opinion that since gender is not something natural and is merely a projection of the sex in a specific society during a specific age, therefore equality is possible. And as you said, sexually/biologically they can never be equal since they translate into different needs and requirements
I also attempted "Gender equility is a Myth", but my essay was based only on two genders (i-e man and woman). One friend of mine (a written qualified candidate) told me that I had to include the third gender too... Anyways my essay encapsulates gender discrimination in two views...Historical perspective and contemporary perspective and in both I compared the concepts given by Islam and Western concept of gender equality.... Though western history even had gender disparity and Islam gave gender equivalence even before the Westerners were considering giving women a status of "human".... I contradicted with the view of myth in Modern Western World scenario but supported it in case of Islamic States especially Pakistan..

P.S. My essay's length was about 1200 to 1300 words.. I couldn't write more so I had to conclude my essay with 1200 words' length.

Regards
Stay Blessed