View Single Post
Old Monday, September 30, 2013
41st CTP (OMG)
CSP Medal: Awarded to those Members of the forum who are serving CSP Officers - Issue reason: CE 2012 Merit no. 273Medal of Appreciation: Awarded to appreciate member's contribution on forum. (Academic and professional achievements do not make you eligible for this medal) - Issue reason:

Werewolf will become famous soon enoughWerewolf will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by alwidah View Post
respected sir please guide me regarding psychology prepration as am very confused regarding its prepration as time is short and course is hell vast:-( i will be highly obliged
Dear, 10 year past papers strategy works the best with this subject.
First you need to go through the past papers, also note down the questions, this will make a framework of its complete syllabus in your mind, then arrange its syllabus as given by fpsc, then start your preparation from any good source with the help of these 2 directives i.e fpsc's syllabus + past papers. i have done this and it takes only 10 days per part of psycho: to prepare. so, its affordable
then revise it as many times as you want

Quote:
Originally Posted by paras Sulehri View Post
thanks for being so helpful sir.
i am planning to earn maximum marks as much as i can from this subject with no background but its being so interesting to me. i pray my interest will be worthy.
well as far as geography is concerned, it is still very boring+rough. post some tips to tackle this subject in a smooth way with flying colors outcome.
See paras, Geography is a conceptual and intrinsically interesting subject for some people. but if you are finding it boring and rough despite your efforts, then i would suggest you to drop it. because it is not wise to risk 200 marks. Geography is quite a typical subject, and if you can't find interest in it then it is suicidal to opt it.
but if you still want to try again to find interest in it then study from foreign colourful books, i have posted links of 2 of them in one of my previous posts. sometimes the sole reason for the dryness of any subject is only the boring and dull source. May colourful text and diagrams invoke your interest

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zaheer Qadri View Post
I salute you brother! much impressed and motivated by your posts/ guidance.
kindly keep sharing such invaluable tips for aspirants.
Can I have your email ID ?

@jindshahwali Sory sister I bothered your?
Dear, i have already inputted my facebook link in my profile. you can fetch it

Quote:
Originally Posted by angelstar View Post
AOA,
sir kindly elaborate your point B and
brother can u plz elaborate ur time table of compulsory subjects? As
4 months are left for exams and 12 subjects are yet to prepare
. and please do suggest the most important topics of compulsory subjects'?
point b, 'stationary field of impression'
its elaboration would be quite lengthy, let me brief it.

1. have you ever noticed that sometimes some text written in a book is a bit boring, than if it is handwritten by somebody with his total interest and good writing? this is because, when you are contended and interested in any subject, your handwritten text reflect that thing and this will form a stationary field that will always joy a person reading it. this happens at the unconscious side of your brain, so you will never sense it consciously.
"A THING OF BEAUTY IS JOY FOREVER" Keats. (and beautiful things are only done if a person is interested and sincere in his work.)

when you are writing, your pen in collaboration with your brain and your mood makes that field on your answer copy. Pen has a significance beyond it being just a writing material. "WE TAUGHT MAN WITH THE HELP OF 'PEN' WHAT HE DID NOT KNOW" (AL-ALAQ) etc. i know that whatever is mentioned in Quran has multi-dimensional meanings.

the rule is not as simple as i have just stated, it has some U-turns and zig-zags.. but i can't elaborate it completely, here. so you have to be contented with it, and explore it yourself. for your ease, you should remember that you only see less than 1% of what really exists in transparency around you.

and as 4 months are left, take guidance from past papers so as to get proper direction

Quote:
Originally Posted by alwidah View Post
brother the second one you have mentioned to use as a text book is of feldsman so i am not getting ?it is either the 1st one or second one to use as text book??????? please dp reply :-(
simple,
text book should be "Understanding Psychology (glencoe/MCGraw-HILL)"
and reference books should be feldman and "Psychology 4th edition by G. Neil Martin, Neil R. Carlson and William Buskist"
the name of feldman's book is "Essentials of Understanding Psychology"

Compulsory Subjects:

3. Pakistan Affairs:
it has 2 parts, pre-partition and post-partition.
i only prepared pre-partition completely, and post-pastition selectively, only 4,5, topics.
Pre-partition starts with DELHI SULTANATE (past papers wise) and ends at creation of Pakistan 1947.
You have to study this section like a story. you have to understand the links between the events. study in analog (continuous) fashion and avoid digital (discrete) way.
for every event you have to give special attention on role played by the Muslims, the Hindus and the Britishers.
it's very very easy. you just have to be analytic while studying.
Ikram Rabbani, as suggested by many, is not a good book according to me. its very very boring.
study from some good notes + internet
also, make maximum use of quotations in your question paper. even if you don't remember any quotation word by word, write it in your own words beautifully, and if you don't have any quotation in your mind, then fabricate your own quotations cleverly (risky, if not done skillfully). just remember 3,4 names of good books and their writers so that you may put their names as references of your fabricated quotations.

for post-partition, you can study from
1. Pakistan by Anatol lieven (you can find it online), or
2. Pakistan, Eye of the storm, by Owen Bennett Jones (purchase it from some good bookstore)

both books are awesome. their writers have really done a fabulous job
you can also study from any other foreign book e.g oxford books etc

While attempting this paper, keep in mind that Muslims are heroes and Hindus and Britishers are villains
value your own cause, and be critical to the cause of Hindus and Britishers. and yes, do this diplomatically. DON'T BE DIRECT!!

Last edited by Gotam; Monday, September 30, 2013 at 03:04 PM. Reason: merged
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Werewolf For This Useful Post:
aneeqawaheed (Wednesday, October 09, 2013), Buddha (Monday, September 30, 2013), qqurat (Monday, September 30, 2013), rabiaamjad (Monday, November 11, 2013), sabaas (Thursday, October 31, 2013), sahar abbas (Monday, November 11, 2013), Zaheer Qadri (Monday, September 30, 2013)