View Single Post
Old Monday, October 14, 2013
Medal of Appreciation: Awarded to appreciate member's contribution on forum. (Academic and professional achievements do not make you eligible for this medal) - Issue reason:

Thanked 1,290 Times in 783 Posts
exclusively has a spectacular aura aboutexclusively has a spectacular aura aboutexclusively has a spectacular aura about

@sadaf, very special a and other members

Please answer the folliwing questions which I have not understood clearly...Therefore, I have some confusions. Please answer these with examples..

Q.1: What is Conditions, its definition and examples?
Plus any two examples of classical and operant conditioning from every day life?

Q2: Difference between condition & learning? simple answer with no more than two three lines so that I can understand it..

Q:3: Difference between emotion and Motive (with examples)

Q:4: Difference between attitude and prejudice? (with examples)

Q:5: What is meaning of Stimulus and Introspection (let me know the meaning of these in urdu too, and where these words mostly are used in Psychology?

Sadaf specially I am looking forward you to answer these questions, as you are good at Psychology....Please answer these questions. These are very simple questions, but I want your answers, your views, in this way, my confidance level will be increased while attempting them.
Thanks in anticipation...

Quote:
Originally Posted by sadafnoorelahi View Post
q 2 How did theorists belonging to functionalism define psychology? How did functionalism influence psychology as the science of behavioral and mental processes?

comments,criticism and corrections are strongly encouraged.exclusively,this is my version of the answer.sorry i stole your quote.
Introduction
The word psychology is derived from greek “psyche” meaning mind and “ologos” “study of”.Psychology ,today, is defined as “the scientific study of behaviour and mental processes”.

Schools of thought
Different schools of thoughts have used different approaches to define psychology.the most prominent among them being structuralists, functionalists, behaviourists etc.

Functionalism
Functionalists emphasize on the function of mind and behaviour in adapting to the environment. american psychologists developed functionalism when they were oriented in the direction to develop a psychology which is “usable”.

Influence of functionalism on psychology
Functionalism school of thought derives its inspiration from Charles Darwin who defined psychology as the study of man’s adaption to environment through learning. the founders of functionalism school William james and dewey laid stress on study of what behaviour and mind can do. they conducted experiments to determine the adaptive role of mind and behaviour. instead of relying on the study of structure of mind.they conducted experiments to evaluate the adaptive role of learning,memory and problem solving to the environment.

Method of functionalism
Functionalists, like structuralists used introspection.in addition,they also used surveys and other experimental techniques. in introspection method, subjects are presented a certain stimulus and are asked to describe their feelings while trying to be as objective as possible.

Critical analysis
Functionalism school of thought is largely criticized for
• Its failure to explain consciousness
• Inability to evaluate body and mind relationship
• Use of introspection as the method lacks scientific basis
Wundt the founder of structuralism school of thought criticized the approach saying
It is literature, It is beautiful, but it is not Psychology”.

Conclusion:
Different psychologists time and again have presented different approaches to define psychology.
You are mashallah very crystal clear in your ideas and flow while attempting your answer... I have come to know that where I made mistakes, thanks for such a nice attempt... Your way of presentation is very nice, simple, clear and attractive as well. This is what I like to be clear in attempting. Just hit the question from head to tail. If I am checker you have 16 Marks... 4 Marks improvement is still needed, for example in your introduction and conclusion, you would have to summarize your answer. It is my way, may be I am derailed or mistaken. But your way is also a good one and clear to the point.

@sadaf and v special and others
Please attempt other questions, I shall also try to attempt all of these questions as much as I could.....

Thanks in anticipation...
The Following User Says Thank You to exclusively For This Useful Post:
True Grit (Monday, November 25, 2013)