View Single Post
Old Friday, November 01, 2013

sentat is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Werewolf View Post
Ok then, drop A&A, keep Business ad:, but replace IR with either Journalism or punjabi
IR is not scoring.

Islamiat,
there are 2 type of topics in this subject, 1st conventional, 2nd non-conventional.

conventional ones:
1. Translation of last 10 Surahs of Quran
2. Touheed and its effects on individual and collective life.
3. Concept of Judgement Day in Islam and its effects on individual and collective life.
4. Salaat, Soum and Zakaat
etc
pithily, all Islamic teachings related topics in current affairs perspective.

Non-Conventional Ones:
1. Islam, the complete code of life
2. Status of Woman in Islam
3. Morality in Islam
4. Banking System in Islam and its merits (especially as opposed to current usury dominant leading to thus fiscal crisis)
5. PEACE in Islam
etc etc
pithily, all those topics that involve some sort of problems in today's world.

While studying, be critical and generate your own opinions according to the current scenario.
collect number of quotable Quranic Ayahs, Ahadith, and other stuff to quote during exams.
Focus on grabbing more and more knowledge so that you could mold it during exams according to questions.

as far as conventional topics are concerned, they could be covered from any good book of islamiat as you like. For non-conventional topics i have posted an Encyclopedia (interactive) in my thread
Wonderful! thank you for all of the guidance! Going to start with Psych and move on from there to the other subjects. My main reasoning for selecting IR is it has some overlapping with Current Affairs and provides generic questions which follow certain concepts. My education has been mainly conceptual based and minimal memorization so I'm trying to use that to my advantage. Also I think i'll stay away from an academy for now.

Regards,
Saqib Riaz