View Single Post
Old Saturday, December 03, 2005

AaminahAbrar is on a distinguished road
Wink Experience of CE-2004-2005

After reading extensive frusturations by Adil I am really woken up from my slumber and I really agree to nhpaki views about private

messages.If any topic is not interest to all meebers of the forum u can ask it through PM but regarding general matters which are

concerned with all memebers..It must be in public...and with all.
I,myself recieve many private messages asking me about my way of study!!
Well to be honest...I now fully understand...never leave hope.Do ur best and leave the rest to Allah and keep praying to Him and He will

surely rewards u beyond ur expectations...Thats was the case with me..
Let me share my experience of CSS05 with u ppl as I deem it suitable to help many.
The road to CSS starts some time in late Jan 05 or may be early Feb 05.I was busy in my final project and my dad was asking me abt my

future plans.It was his wish that I should appear in CSS exams.My Bro volunteered to get some information regarding CSS as some of his

fellow students have tried their luck at CSS on 2004.The first guide to me was to check www.css.com.pk..My father and I decided on

optionals and then he was expecting me to start preparation from feb..But I was not in mood of doing CSS..cuz of my project (which

presentation was held on 28th Feb)..and secondly I wanted to do some sort of job in software house.The behaviour of external examiner

at my project demo and reluctance on part of my parents to allow me to do job in software house left me with two options only...Either

to appear in CSS exams or go for MS degree in Computer science..I applied to Nilore for MS and and before that to state bank.There was

no scence of test for statebank...so I have to make up my mind on what to do..Go for GRE exams conducted by HEC or go for CSS..It was

due to Almighty Allah guidance that I opt for CSS..although at times I regret my decision when i cudnt study for even a hour in a day.But

the time went on and in parallel with house hold chores...I study for CSS..always hoping that I am not going to give it in 2005 but in 2006

as I was not willing to lose one chance.But Allah will prevails over whatever u planned and in the end on essay paper day I was in FPSC Hall

A in Islamabad...Having appeared in essay paper...I had lost one chance so I thought why not give the rest of papers as well so that I can

test my waters.So thats how I gave all the papers.All this activity for known only to my best friend and my family...even u ppl didnt know

that I have appeared why i did so...cuz I hate failures and also hate when somebody else also knows that I am going to fail and have

failed.I only disclosed at the forum that I have appeared in exams after seeing a dream.
I daily dreaded the date of 20th Nov which was the date the result was supposed to be announced.but the result was delayed by a week

and i was busy in preperation of my cousins wedding...otherwise my family may have thrown me out of house by now :P
The result was seen by me after coming back from wedding and its just a chance that i decided to check the FPSC website and lo and

behold I was among the sucessfull ones..Thanks to Almighty Allah.
Now something abt how I prepared for the exams..I watched all the drama serials which I was viewing from many episodes.I went on first

ever trip of my student life with my department and fully enjoying my life chatting with bros and mom.I did study but not like a nerd.I

dont prepare any notes and believe me never wrote any essay for 3 hrs before the esssay exams.I just understood the basic concepts as my

subjects were of scientific nature and studied Islamic history like any story book.I do try to finish stats,Cs and physics but there were many

loopholes in Islamic study as I dont have any material for Usmania sultanate and have just net with me..
As for compulsory subjects...Yes i do prepare but only from past papers...Pakistan affairs and EDS were the papers...which were done in

such a way...that I cud at least pass them...Pakistan affairs was just translating my 14 yrs studies in english and it was double burden on

me.Infact current affairs questions saved me.
I attempted all papers with open opinion as I explained the topics from neutral point of view.I try to answer in light of Holy Quran and

prophet Muhammed(PBUH) teaching..Though I am a woman...I dont believe in NGO's and that was my topic in english essay...I followed

my theme and using Islamic teaching tried to prove why women of today are persecuted.
Next come English comprehension paper...Idioms were solved just on Tukas and so were the synoynmns and opposite word with 70%

success.Direct Indirect and corrections were a piece of cake..and so were the pair of word(except one pair) for comprehensive note I

selected "They know enough who knows how to learn"...Thus staring it with an Islamic touch...Comprehension passage was also easy

while..precie only examiners knows :o
For Islamiat:My selected question were abt Pardah,Western impressions on muslim youth,Muslim world as terrorist,and suicide attacks..
For EDS:I know I lose minimum 2 marks in each question...rest is unknown to me...and I remember how I stumble to complete 10 Qs in

all..only finding 8 questions to my choice..
For Pak affairs paper...Rite now i am unable to find it...so wait till I find it ....
Current affairs:Many taukas in objectives..and for subjective I selected Indo-US relations,Terrorism,USA blogged in Afghanistan and Iraq and

pbs muslim world is facing these days..

Optional papers
Islamic history paper 1:Objectives were done easily as they were extracted from past papers. hehehe
Subjective portion: Advent of islam and it impact on world,Difficulties and suffering faced by Holy Prophet(PBUH) and his companions in

Makkah,Teaching of Holy prophet(PBUH) and Character of Hazart Umar....see my lucky stars...seems like solving islamiat paper of FSc

syllabus...
Paper 2:Again objective part was easy..
Subjective:Collapse of Ummayyads,Muslim role in western Renaissance,Umayyads in sapian Abd-al Rehman Dakhil(though i lack stuff on it)

and last my fav question future scenario of present muslim conflict b/w west and muslims..

Physics :Just prepare in the holidays b/w Islamic History and physcis paper!!!!!Even missed an interview for post of lecturer but it paid off

as I clear paper 1...cuz 70% of paper was prepared the day before (day of interview)
Computer Science:First time an extra sheet was given an honour to be used..Just imagine how therotical it was ...and my stories gone on and on...
and in last of all stats paper!!!Just solved it in 1hr amazing na...though i attempted 11 question..crossed the one which i wanst sure is correct...
So thats my experience and my reactions to papers..Evening papers were done better then morning papers...
If u have any query plz dont hesitate to ask..
I am here to help u...and plz dont request any notes..cuz I have none

Last edited by Argus; Friday, February 10, 2006 at 03:59 AM.