View Single Post
Old Tuesday, November 26, 2013
43rd CTP (PAS)
Medal of Appreciation: Awarded to appreciate member's contribution on forum. (Academic and professional achievements do not make you eligible for this medal) - Issue reason: CSP Medal: Awarded to those Members of the forum who are serving CSP Officers - Issue reason: CE 2014 - Merit 13

Thanked 1,551 Times in 674 Posts
Bilal Hassan is a splendid one to beholdBilal Hassan is a splendid one to beholdBilal Hassan is a splendid one to beholdBilal Hassan is a splendid one to beholdBilal Hassan is a splendid one to beholdBilal Hassan is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by bear View Post
let us first revise and compare the rules for ce 2012 and ce 2013
CE-2012

ce-2013

now let us see what factors are involved to pass the whole exam.

there are four factors :
A . compulsory subject
B. optional subject
C. aggregate
D. viva voce

to pass the written and get interview call the conditions A,B,C are to be checked only. viva is a later process. so we ignore that on this stage .

let us make Truth Tables for the ce-2012 and ce-2013 and see what should be the criterion to pass as per stated rules .

for ce 2012 the condition is
"atleast 40% marks in any compulsory subject, 33% marks in any of
the optional subjects, or 50% marks in the Aggregate"

so the Boolean function should be " A and B or C"

Sir you are forming a conjunction of A with the disjunction B V C, both are truth functional connectives and I hope you know that a conjunction is only true when all of its conjuncts have same truth value and are true. In row 5 and 7, the truth value of A is false then how can the Truth Functional Compound statement A . B v C be True? The conjunction A . B v C would only be true when A is true and B v C is true separately and only then the whole conjunctive statement would be true. And it has got nothing to do with Boolean Interpretation, Bool has just discussed the problem of Existential Import when he discusses the Categorical Syllogism, this is Symbolic Logic and it has got nothing to do with Boolean Interpretation.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nate View Post
Sir jee you just nailed it .. will definitely use this argument in front of the panel or in the court ...trust me fpsc will be shocked and awed
Brother he is trying to show you that you are mistaken, that argument is in favor of FPSC. However, my sincere prayers are with you, I can feel the dilemma that you are going through, have faith in Allah almighty, what is written in your fate by Allah, no FPSC or anyone else can deprive you from that.
Best of Luck.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Bilal Hassan For This Useful Post:
izhar ahmad (Tuesday, November 26, 2013), Nate (Tuesday, November 26, 2013)