View Single Post
Old Friday, November 29, 2013
Medal of Appreciation: Awarded to appreciate member's contribution on forum. (Academic and professional achievements do not make you eligible for this medal) - Issue reason: Diligent Service Medal: Awarded upon completion of 5 years of dedicated services and contribution to the community. - Issue reason:

Thanked 1,879 Times in 593 Posts
Naveed_Bhuutto is a jewel in the roughNaveed_Bhuutto is a jewel in the roughNaveed_Bhuutto is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by sadafnoorelahi View Post
naveed sir. i am unable to understand how to attempt this question. in such case, can i write all that i know about war of independence and war of 1812? any one else who would like to help is also warmly welcomed.

Q:2. The American first war with the Britain made them independent; the second made them a formidable power. Discuss.
Outline:
A) Introduction:

War of independence led to the independence of former british colnies. The colonists had been irritated by the dictatorial and discriminatory policies of the british such as mercantilism, woolen act, hat act, boston massacre, boston tea party etc. as a result, they fought against their british masters. Even after independence, british continuedits efforts to curb the liberty of u.s. as a result, the ruling government of u.s declared war of 1812

B) War of independence

1) Causes of war of independence
a) Mercantilism
b) Intolerable acts
c) Great awakening
d) Boston massacre
e) Boston tea party
f) 1st constitutional congress
g) 2nd constitutional congress
h) Revolutionary pamphlets and organizations

2) Treaty of paris

C) War of 1812

1) Causes of war of 1812
a) Impressments
b) Trade restrictions
c) Northwest territory
d) Rise of democratic-republican party
2) Treaty of ghent

D) Critical analysis:
War of independence was a unique chapter in the history of the world. It was the war between the weak and the powerful. The war led to the independence of former british colonies. It infused ray of hope and unified diversified ethnicities. war of 1812 was a very important milestone in the history of U.S as it was fought to uphold their American prestige. In many ways, it changed everything forever between the two combatant nations. british recognized the rights of U.S and also agreed to the demilitarization of lake of champlain.
@Sadat.... This is exactly what I wrote in my answer copy in CSS 2012 papers . But this is not the Right Technique I guess. as the question is HOW they became independent/formidable power. I think the best way to answer this question would be to argue that how were the 1st war made them independent and the 2nd formidable power.

I think 2 headings are very important in answering this question

1. How the 1st war with Britain Made them Independent
  • a. No More Mercantilism Acts
  • b. Collect and Spend Tax on their on People
  • c. Native Leaders
  • d. No more trade embargoes
  • and many more heading can be added [Brainstorming Needed ]

2. How 2nd war made them a Formidable Power
  • a. Started believing in their Abilities
  • b. Defeat the then World Super Power twice
  • c. [Brainstorming again ]

@Sadaf You are more then welcome to comment/correct or criticize my approach or add any valuable point in this if you can.

Quote:
Originally Posted by taania View Post
i have a confusion if any one could help out in the Dred Scot case it is stated that Missouri was a free state, while it was admitted to the union as slave state,had it abolished slavery before the case?when???/
@Taania.... you are mixing two things at one place. 1st of all you should know that Dred Scot case was an issue in 1857 where as Missouri was admitted to union as Slave State in Missouri Compromise 1820. you can refer to my notes for better understanding of Missouri compromise.

While Supreme Court in the Dred Scott decision, ruled that Congress did not have the authority to prohibit slavery in the territories and therefore declared Missouri Compromise unconstitutional. which ultimately led to civil war.
sadafnoorelahi (Sunday, December 08, 2013), taania (Friday, November 29, 2013), ZaeemAli572 (Tuesday, August 30, 2016)