View Single Post
Old Thursday, December 26, 2013
42nd CTP (IRS)
CSP Medal: Awarded to those Members of the forum who are serving CSP Officers - Issue reason: CE 2013 - Merit 73

Seemab will become famous soon enoughSeemab will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fassi View Post
I second Azmatullah bro,

I am too Law Graduate and also have enough interest in Muslim Law but it screwed up the aspirants in 2013. Although I passed but not with flying colours as I scored only 33 marks in it....

While attempting the paper do consider the suggestions by Seemab, as I too applied the same strategy although not get desired score but managed to pass the paper somehow.

1. Read the questions carefully;
2. Focus on the areas that have been asked about and don't go astray.
3. Headings, sub-headings, words underlined or in bold/ italics, numbered points etc are necessary for every subject except for Essay.

One more suggestion from my side download the book link given below

Outlines of Islamic Jurisprudence by Imran Ahsan Nyazee
(Note: the above said book is password protected so after opening the book enter the password as "nyazee")

and better to follow it for Jurisprudence portion. I suggested it because I have already studied it in LLB but after considering past papers of CSS (till 2011) followed Abdur Rahim and D.F Mulla but get bashed...
However, the book said book will help you to run with the mind of paper setter of 2012 and 2013 as well as will fetch you good marks even if the paper asked according to the previous pattern.

Though, a must have book to fetch good marks and deal with the changing pattern of this paper.
During LLB, we had no concept of consulting Mullah or AbdurRaheem. I read Mullah for the first time while preparing for CE-2013 (and honestly, it confused me big time).

Imran Niazi sb is one of the living legends in the field of Islamic Jurisprudence. Though we studied Islamic Jurisprudence in Arabic as "Usul-ul-Fiqh" divided in 4 courses, we surely did consult Niazi sb's books for easy understanding.
sheralijakhrani (Thursday, February 20, 2014)