View Single Post
Old Thursday, January 09, 2014

Faisalsoomro is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by drvalentino View Post
Saladin,This is not so. OMG is a much better option than Postal,Railways etc in terms of career and promotions.In Civil Service,political links are required in every service.In PSP/DMG there is dire need of political connections more than in OMG. I personally believe that group matters a lot but the thing that matters the most is your personal capability,effort,commitment,good luck and your desire to achieve something.There are many and many OMG officers serving on very good posts and they are far better than some DMG and PSP fellows.
Yes,it is true that in Grade 17/18,Hardships are more in OMG. I advise that one should get good scholarship and improve one's qualification so one may be capable enough to perform one/s function in professional way. If you have spark and have professional approach,you demand will be very high in every department.Work hard,pray to Almighty and hope for the best.

Good luck.
@drvalentino,

Bravo! Although You are from DMG/PAS but You have painted a realistic Picture of OMG. I 100% agree to what you have stated above. I also appreciate your insight and impartiality. OMG is one of Best services but unfortunately has been misunderstood. Since, Its recruitment remained halted for a decade, hence little information exists about it. But it has a bright career and scope. Yes difficulty is faced in the beginning but this is the case with almost all groups.

Regards.

Yes it is a truth. In the beginning, OMG officers face some difficulty. But if you enjoy and stay patient in the beginning, everything you get later in the service.

How to live in Islamabd if in OMG?

1. There are laddies and gents Hostels you can live in. (private)

2. A group of friends can hire a house and live together .( get hiring: 12 thousands officially for it in salary)

3. Use your political links and get high furnished room in Federal Lodges.

4. If married, live in a hired house like a king.

Note: This problem is not confined to OMG officers only. Info group and CTG etc officers face same problems( FSP provides hostels to its officers). added to it, Beta ji if any group officer is posted at islamabad in 17 BPS soon after STP, nani yaad ajani hai oono. ;-)