View Single Post
Old Sunday, March 02, 2014

Ahmed Faisal has a spectacular aura aboutAhmed Faisal has a spectacular aura about

My friends, Assalm-o-Alaikum

Well, I hope this piece of writing would be of some use for the New Comers. I never thought about CSS until I lost grade 17 job in Federal Shariat Court Islamabad. At that time, in 2010, I was a fresh MBA, so I had a very good chance in Federal Shariat Court which I lost due to some reasons or you may call it misfortune. Disappointingly, I made my mind for CSS. At the initial stages in 2011, I did not even know the meaning of CSS, but I started studying different books for the said purpose. Unfortunately, these books were not fit for the CSS purpose. Resultantly, I lost around 9 months in these experiments. Then, I took admission in academy and fortunately I was guided by a CSS qualified person who told me what the CSS actually was. First time with the 2 months preparation, I appeared in CE 2012, but got flunked in Essay, Precise and Current affair. In fact, I had already started my preparation right after I took CE 2012 exams as I knew that my papers did not go satisfactory and it was really hard to get through in CE 2012. In my second attempt in CE 2013, I was better prepared. I really burned the mid night oil and worked hard on my English, Grammar, and other optional subjects. I appeared in CE 2013 with full confidence and was quite hopeful that I would get through as my all the papers went satisfactory at least for me. However, I did not know our expectations and that of examiner are two sides of the coin. The result of CE 2013 was a disaster and totally unexpected. It was disaster not only for me but also for many others who were far better than me. Anyways, CE 2013 result really let me down but I gathered courage again and decided to go for CE 2014. Now I am done with all of my papers and to be honest I am not worry about my result even 1%. It is because my all papers, including Essay, went far better than that of previous attempts. Before CE-2013, I did not believe in luck factor, but after the CE 2013 result I strongly believe that CSS is a combination of 3 factors i.e. Smart work, Strong nerves and LUCK. I am also not worried now because I am enough of this gamble. I tried my hard and exhausted all of my three attempts. Now every thing is in Almighty’s hands.

Recommendations for the Beginners

First, don’t waste your time wandering here and there, get good guidance and start preparation. Secondly, don’t waste even your first attempt, if you are not prepared and have not any age problem. Thirdly, I must say if you want to do CSS, the journey must start right after your graduation has completed. I mean one’s Masters Degree and preparation of CSS must go together. Fourthly, Essay and precis papers are the soul of CSS. Therefore, make it your habit to write one precis a day coupled with writing practice. Read good grammar books like English grammar in use by Raymond Murphy, Advance grammar in use by Martin Hewing and of course exploring the world of English. Fifthly, don’t rely on selective study and academic notes as they have failed to cater the needs of aspirants in recent years, if you really want to qualify CSS, comprehensive study is the key. Essay and Current Affairs preparation should be started right from the day first. Last but not the least, Try CSS but don’t rely on it and don’t sacrifice your jobs and other opportunities for CSS as it is very very very uncertain Exam.

Good Luck
Pray for me…
"Our Lord, give us the good in this world and the good in the hereafter." (Al-Qur'an, 2:201).
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Ahmed Faisal For This Useful Post:
ahmed khoso (Sunday, March 02, 2014), aleehaahmed (Monday, March 03, 2014), Ammara Khan88 (Tuesday, March 04, 2014), exclusively (Wednesday, March 05, 2014), khAdijAA (Wednesday, March 26, 2014), madiha alvi (Monday, April 28, 2014), mashkoor (Monday, April 28, 2014), wasfagillani (Monday, May 19, 2014)