View Single Post
Old Sunday, March 09, 2014

masse is on a distinguished road

I have a few questions for you, especially for Mr. Muhammad Saleem.

1) I am confused about scholarships for Cambridge. A person can study at Cambridge under the 10 percent scheme and the 90 percent scheme and also the separate HEC-Cambridge Scholarship? I can see Cambridge in the 90% scholarship scheme; does that mean that the separate HEC-Cambridge Trust scholarship scheme (which does not ask for GAT) will not be announced this year in April or they two unrelated schemes?

2) I have already been admitted to Cambridge in the field of Religious Studies for for Fall 2014 for the MPhil which is a requirement for the PhD. I also have 18 years of education (a four year bachelors and two years masters). Can I apply for the scholarship under the 90% scheme? Or would I be disqualified because I have to get the MPhil before the PhD?

3) What would religion fall under according to HEC? Arts and Humanities or Social Sciences? Which kind of GAT-General Test would be relevant in this case?

4) I have still not given GAT-General Test as I did not know that this scheme would be offering scholarship for Cambridge. Should I still go ahead and apply and also register for the GAT in April in case the HEC might be willing to consider it? In this case I would not be able to submit the attested copy of the GAT result card.

5) Who should I get my photocopies attested by?