View Single Post
Old Monday, March 10, 2014

Muhammad Saleem Shaikh is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by masse View Post
I have a few questions for you, especially for Mr. Muhammad Saleem.

1) I am confused about scholarships for Cambridge. A person can study at Cambridge under the 10 percent scheme and the 90 percent scheme and also the separate HEC-Cambridge Scholarship? I can see Cambridge in the 90% scholarship scheme; does that mean that the separate HEC-Cambridge Trust scholarship scheme (which does not ask for GAT) will not be announced this year in April or they two unrelated schemes?

2) I have already been admitted to Cambridge in the field of Religious Studies for for Fall 2014 for the MPhil which is a requirement for the PhD. I also have 18 years of education (a four year bachelors and two years masters). Can I apply for the scholarship under the 90% scheme? Or would I be disqualified because I have to get the MPhil before the PhD?

3) What would religion fall under according to HEC? Arts and Humanities or Social Sciences? Which kind of GAT-General Test would be relevant in this case?

4) I have still not given GAT-General Test as I did not know that this scheme would be offering scholarship for Cambridge. Should I still go ahead and apply and also register for the GAT in April in case the HEC might be willing to consider it? In this case I would not be able to submit the attested copy of the GAT result card.

5) Who should I get my photocopies attested by?
Dear masse

I am giving your answer one by one:
1. 90%, 10% and HEC-Cambridge Scholarships are totally different from each other and there terms and conditions are also different from each other..

2. You are eligible to apply if you full fill all the requirements of 90% scholarship..

3. For Religious Studies it comes under social sciences as per HEC and you have to qualify the GAT-General Test Type-B through NTS..

4. If you did not give NTS GAT-General than you are not eligible to apply, first full fill all the requirement than go ahead. Otherwise, thousands are already waiting for scholarships who already full filled the requirements..

5. From 17 grade for applying in HEC 90% scholarship..

Hope you got all your answers..............