View Single Post
Old Wednesday, March 19, 2014
Medal of Appreciation: Awarded to appreciate member's contribution on forum. (Academic and professional achievements do not make you eligible for this medal) - Issue reason:

Thanked 1,572 Times in 792 Posts
Invincible has much to be proud ofInvincible has much to be proud ofInvincible has much to be proud ofInvincible has much to be proud ofInvincible has much to be proud ofInvincible has much to be proud ofInvincible has much to be proud ofInvincible has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buddha View Post
Democracy is different. It has this feedback mechanism which auto-corrects itself. Of course initially such problems exist. But who is Imran Khan? Asad Umer?
Its good to crave for democratic system but one should not forget ground realities of this country. Had these both guys from middle class, they would not even be able to contest UC election due to its cost. Asad Umer has more than 50 cr assets which he declared in 2013 & IK is multi-millionaire.

Our next PM will surely be Bilawal or shareef. This vicious cycle may take decades if not centuries to stop.

Quote:
And there are many other examples who're not progeny of old Feudal lords! Imran Khan rules a province now. Though I disagree with his policies but he is new blood. If there had been only dictatorship would Imran Khan even get a chance?
I am in favor of any system which delivers, be it democracy, dictatorship or Khilafat. I am result oriented person & I give damn to bookish theories of different systems.

Quote:
An education emergency is of course necessary. But that doesn't mean only educated people can vote rightly.
Bottom line: People should have their free SAY.