View Single Post
Old Monday, March 31, 2014

lums is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bilal Hassan View Post
Dear what exactly is the impediment in making a switch? You have one whole year on your disposal, you can master any other subject in two months. Still if you want to stick to Arabic then listen to me, I give you some tricks how to hedge the risk.

Even don't think that you will attempt those translation questions, prepare Imra ul Qais and Zuhair's Muallaqa as well as Hazrat Hassan's (R.A) poetry, if it comes from these three then well and good but if it doesn't then you must not make your mind to attempt these questions.

Focus on other theory questions. I tell you the method. Do prepare the question of Quran's impact on Arabic literature and language, quote from Ahmad Zayat's book in Arabic (original text), also quote from Quran itself. For example I made a point in question about Quran's impact on literature that poets also followed the Quranic style in poetry, now how I substantiated my stance, see following:

:قال جریر بمدح عمر بن عبد العزیز
نال الخلافتہ اذا کانت لہ قدرا کما اتی ربہ موسی علی قدر

Now its impression has been taken from an ayat of Holy Quran, so I proved my point. Similarly I always substantiated my point through to the point examples.

Similarly I had prepared Abu Tamam well so I had the option of attempting these questions. I gave his 5 verses and reference of Fahaul Shura and Diwan ul Hamasa. A question on AlNaqd al Arbi was also prepared well.

So in a nutshell, you still can reap profit if do little hardwork in right direction. No subject is scoring or non scoring if you can do justice with that, but at the same time general trends do matter. one must be realistic. I you want to stick to Arabic then prepare it well, it won't disappoint you.

Regards,
Bilal Hassan: Brother from where I can get these books of Diwan ul Hamsa and Abu Tamam?