Thread: Pms 2014
View Single Post
Old Sunday, May 04, 2014
PMS / PCS Award: Serving PMS / PCS (BS 17) officers are eligible only. - Issue reason: 2011 - Merit No. 56

Progressive Pakistan is on a distinguished road
Default Pms 2014

I have initiated this thread to share my experience of PMS Exam. You can post your queries regarding any matter related to "PMS" exam, service structure or career prospects.

PPSC has so far conducted 3 exams of PMS(Combined Competitive Exams) ,under new scheme, in year 2006,09 and 2012 respectively. In first two exams the number of candidates who successfully qualified the written part were less than the number of vacant posts.So marks in written part carried little significance, as One had to secure minimum passing marks in written and interview in order to make place in Final List.

However in last exam, held in year 2012, more than 500 candidates qualified written part against 112 posts.There was a cut-throat competition amongst the candidates as differnce of one mark only could change ' one's merit order by 10 points.

That said,for aspirants of upcoming PMS two aspects bear critical siginificance.

1- Subject Selection
2- Two Compulsory Papers :GK and English Essay

Subject selection is of critical importance. In last exam the only thing that decided the fate of written qualified candidates was the choice of subject. Some subjects remained highly scoring. Those law graduates who opted law were made to repent on their choice and same was the case in many other subjects.Last time i posted analysis in respect of scoring trends. I am posting its link that may prove useful

http://www.cssforum.com.pk/punjab-pu...-analysis.html

2- Majority of candidates who could not get through the written part flunked in the two subjects: General Knowledge and Essay. I 'll share my view on these tow subjects in next sitting. By that time you can post your quiries in this thread.Good Luck
The Following 16 Users Say Thank You to Progressive Pakistan For This Useful Post:
afifa904 (Sunday, May 04, 2014), aneeqawaheed (Thursday, May 15, 2014), dilkhurram (Thursday, May 22, 2014), futurestar (Tuesday, May 06, 2014), Gul Khan (Wednesday, May 07, 2014), kingmaker (Monday, May 12, 2014), madiha alvi (Sunday, May 11, 2014), mashkoor (Tuesday, May 06, 2014), Mazhar Ali Khokhar (Sunday, May 04, 2014), mudasr (Tuesday, May 13, 2014), MUHAMMAD AKMAL SHAHZAD (Wednesday, September 17, 2014), Perhar (Saturday, November 08, 2014), Sabir Basheer (Sunday, May 04, 2014), shehzadi58 (Sunday, May 11, 2014), Waqas Kandwal (Tuesday, May 13, 2014), WaqasBaig (Sunday, May 04, 2014)