View Single Post
Old Wednesday, June 11, 2014

mudassir1 is on a distinguished road

What is difficulty level of CFA part wise

Difficulty level increases with each level not only horizontally but vertically.
Level has basic level of understanding but in depth detail is not recquired ;relatively easy for having commerce accounts background . secondly testing is easy with 240 mcqs u could dare to spare certain topics .
Level 2 is application of investment tools so in depth knowledge is recquired alongwith alot of course to study and testing becomes difficult as I had written already in previous posts..

How much time for preparation is required ?
Minimum 6 months (300 hours for myself) are enough for level 1 and
9 months for level 2 and (800 hours) .

Can one do it purely by self studies?

Though it is self study program but its better to take classes due to lack of finance knowledge we get in pakistan.
Level 1 can be done by self but one would be gifted enough to do level 2 and 3 by so.

What kind of background education you should have? I am extra good at Math , probability and statistics but poor in accounting. What kinds of course it has?

I have seen engineers doctors doing it. If u have interest in it u can do it.
Its not purely math s statistics or accounts related.
Courses
1.Ehtics
2.Economics
3.Quants
4.Financial
reporting analysis
5.Equity
6.Corporate finance
7.Derivatives
8.Portfolio
9.Fixed income
10.Alternative investments

In every level these have to be studied with different set of weights from each section in final paper.

If someone is doing job in branch banking, would his experience be counted?[/QUOTE]

I think it is counted as CFA institute had written:
o enroll in the CFA Program and register for your first exam:
1. Meet the entrance requirements:
Have a bachelor's (or equivalent) degree
or be in the final year of your bachelor's degree program at the time of registration*
or have four years of professional work experience (does not have to be investment related)
or have a combination of professional work and college experience that totals at least four years. Part-time positions do not qualify, and the four-year total must be accrued prior to enrollment.

Work has to be evaluated by committee I know 2 of my seniors got charter having some branch banking experience along with others

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk
Guru jee (Monday, July 07, 2014), Warraich (Friday, June 13, 2014)