View Single Post
Old Thursday, July 17, 2014

Aaqib Javed is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buddha View Post
There's also one state solution supported by Reza Aslan, renowned author of No God But God. Two state or one state solution. Both are workable but Hamas's 'wiping Jews off the face of the Earth' is a big hindrance.

Al-Fatah is doing a great job but Hamas is what has given Palestinian freedom struggle a bad name.
one-state solution sounds overly idealistic to me (though it's proponents think it to be realistic). Single govt, no borders, no need for military, equal rights, respect for each other's faith, free trade across regions and etc etc; not many have dreamed better.

Israel was founded on Zionist ideology and guess what the majority party in Palestine right now is Hamas, which follows a form of "Islamic Zionism". I can't see why would Israelis and Palestinians respect each other's rights in near future; 'aik myan main do talwarain nahi reh sakti'.
All you need is to see this video to appreciate the shallowness of this idea.
https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=681382278619566

I agree many of the current miss-happenings in Palestine can be attributed to Hamas. But the increased popularity of Hamas is an indirect consequence of Israel's ever-increasing occupation of territory in West Bank.

For me the two state-state solution is a prerequisite to peace in the region.