View Single Post
Old Thursday, July 17, 2014

Buddha has a spectacular aura aboutBuddha has a spectacular aura aboutBuddha has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aaqib Javed View Post
one-state solution sounds overly idealistic to me (though it's proponents think it to be realistic). Single govt, no borders, no need for military, equal rights, respect for each other's faith, free trade across regions and etc etc; not many have dreamed better.

Israel was founded on Zionist ideology and guess what the majority party in Palestine right now is Hamas, which follows a form of "Islamic Zionism". I can't see why would Israelis and Palestinians respect each other's rights in near future; 'aik myan main do talwarain nahi reh sakti'.
All you need is to see this video to appreciate the shallowness of this idea.
https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=681382278619566

I agree many of the current miss-happenings in Palestine can be attributed to Hamas. But the increased popularity of Hamas is an indirect consequence of Israel's ever-increasing occupation of territory in West Bank.

For me the two state-state solution is a prerequisite to peace in the region.

There is a sizable Arab population already in Israel where they're participating in politics and they have earned a great deal of rights for themselves. You can check this
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Arab_citizens_of_Israel

Still a lot have to be done and left parties in Israel are working to do away with the Jewish fanaticism. And the video does not prove anything, we can take our children to a military exhibition and hear similar things from them about Indians. Things change like they changed in the US where racism was the default attitude of many people a few decades ago.

Hamas is actually more a fundamentalist reaction to secular Al Fatah. Hamas like organizations are everywhere in the Muslim world where there is no Israel trying to occupy more territory.
He that increaseth knowledge increaseth sorrow (Ecclesiastes 1:18)