View Single Post
Old Thursday, July 17, 2014
Qualifier: Awarded to those Members who cleared css written examination - Issue reason: CE 2014

Gypsified will become famous soon enoughGypsified will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Is it the first time a two nation solution has been proposed?
Is Israel really interested in two countries? If it was then why the war in the first place?
The idea has been around for a while. As I mentioned, there is resistance from the conservative faction of Israel (and Arabs) about it. And negotiations are halted every now and then because of the incidents from both sides.

Quote:
Is violence our favorite method or theirs? who began the problem in the first place and how did it begin? they are in power and they are using it and we are begging them to come to the dialogue table.
I guess it's the favorite method of whoever is in power. When Muslims were in power, they ruled the roost, which is what others are doing now.

Quote:
Is Zionism a religious movement or a reasonable one? In some churches it is taught to christians that jews are your brothers and you got to help them in whatever way possible.
I don't endorse any of that, including Zionism.

Quote:
but it is for us that being religious is a stigma. it isn't 'cool' anymore to be religious right?
Actually I find it 'cool' if someone has strong religious convictions (although absence of that can be equally cool). What I find un-cool, however, is religious fanaticism which seems to be the order of the day, particularly in Muslim societies.

Quote:
If something never happened in the past does it mean it will never happen in the future either?
Anything can happen in future. If we are talking about possibilities, no one can say with certainty that the sun will rise in the East tomorrow. But the world hardly works on possibilities, it works on probabilities. Anyways, I don't have any personal grudge against the merger of states. I think it's an excellent idea to have a world without any states at all. But I don't believe in merging states on the basis of a collection of ideologies often clashing.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Gypsified For This Useful Post:
informer59 (Friday, July 18, 2014), waqas izhar (Thursday, July 17, 2014)