View Single Post
Old Friday, July 18, 2014
Qualifier: Awarded to those Members who cleared css written examination - Issue reason: CE 2014

Gypsified will become famous soon enoughGypsified will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Then let me rephrase my statement. Hamas have every right to fire rockets on Israel because it is Israel that have occupied their territory; Its Israel that have turned Palestinian's lives in a living hell holding them as prisoners in their own cities; Its Israel that have built Jewish settlements in Palestinian cities. And Hamas will be justified in attacking Israel as long as an over all settlement is reached; a settlement that includes Israel withdrawing form all the occupied territory that it currently holds. Only then we will be right in blaming Hamas for provoking Israel.

P.S. The fact we and the world is talking about Palestinian issue owes to very provocations of Hamas. That's how oppressed do their struggle against the oppressor.
I have to agree with most of what you've said. While I don't consider it a right of Hamas to shower rockets on Israel, there does't seem to be any other way and most of the blame clearly lies with Israel. It's like what Sartre pointed out that 'terrorism is a terrible weapon but the oppressed poor have none other.' It's more like a last resort. But given the extreme imbalance of power, I'm not sure if anything good comes of it.

But in the end, both Israel and Hamas have contributed in making a terrible mess of the lives in Gaza. Recently a document was circulated on the internet written by a few young people from Gaza. It depicts the frustration of the people of Gaza with both Israel and Hamas.

http://www.theguardian.com/world/201...to-palestinian

An excerpt: "We barely survived the Operation Cast Lead, where Israel very effectively bombed the shit out of us, destroying thousands of homes and even more lives and dreams. During the war we got the unmistakable feeling that Israel wanted to erase us from the face of the Earth. During the last years, Hamas has been doing all they can to control our thoughts, behaviour and aspirations. Here in Gaza we are scared of being incarcerated, interrogated, hit, tortured, bombed, killed. We cannot move as we want, say what we want, do what we want."
The Following User Says Thank You to Gypsified For This Useful Post:
waqas izhar (Friday, July 18, 2014)