View Single Post
Old Friday, July 18, 2014

Buddha has a spectacular aura aboutBuddha has a spectacular aura aboutBuddha has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aaqib Javed View Post
Arabs will be in slight majority if a single state is agreed upon out of the territory of mandatory Palestine. Would Israel be willing to surrender its authority to the Arab majority? Would all citizens of this state become instantly equal before the law, with all rights and responsibilities of the citizen, without discrimination?
I think an apartheid would be a safe expectation.
Israel's population was 7.908 million and Palestinian territories -Gaza, West Bank- population was 4.047 million as of 2012. And there just aren't Jews and Muslims, there are Druze, Christians etc. Further majority in numbers is not the only source of power. Remember South Africa?

Not instantly but with time, that's what a secular state does, it doesn't discriminate on the basis of religion. So whatever the religious or racial distribution of the region it will not matter.

Quote:
Arabs living in Israel aren't very positive about state of Israel. You can have a look on the surveys given in the Wikipedia article. Exceptions can be there.
Even Jews living there esp. indigenous are not very positive about Israel. It shows there's a problem with the Israeli state and that needs to be changed.

Quote:
It does prove things. Seculars and liberals would bash those kids and journalists if such comments were made by Pakistani kids about Indians or Hindus.
Same there.

Quote:
But not many of such organizations are an elected majority in Islamic countries. I tried to link Hamas's popularity to Israeli aggression not its existence.
Only in Gaza. And a culture of fear persists there thanks to Hamas. From where do they derive their electoral success from? Barrel of the gun. I don't deny the Israeli factor but Hamas like organizations could sprout out anywhere in the current Muslim world.
He that increaseth knowledge increaseth sorrow (Ecclesiastes 1:18)
The Following User Says Thank You to Buddha For This Useful Post:
waqas izhar (Friday, July 18, 2014)