View Single Post
Old Thursday, July 24, 2014
Qualifier: Awarded to those Members who cleared css written examination - Issue reason: CE 2014

Gypsified will become famous soon enoughGypsified will become famous soon enough

Quote:
It implies that you are making all these intelligent points, most of which I truly admire, just to convince everyone to follow the 'rulers'
Well, that does not mean I support blind consumerism. I am only pointing out the flaw in the argument that if we let go of consumerism, we would somehow become a developed nation. That argument ignores all the important parameters at work.

Quote:
So let's build a modern concept of welfare state. Remember Muslims vie for order, discipline and control and 'we' can't change nature
I'm all for evolving workable systems, keeping in consideration the basic guidelines provided by Islam, in today's world. I'm only against the strict adherence to medieval interpretations of Islam which will not work in today's world. I'm also aware of the problems of modern capitalism and will always consent to betters solutions, but the kind of solutions put forward by conservative and rigid thinking will only make the situation worse.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Gypsified For This Useful Post:
incounternable (Friday, July 25, 2014), mhmmdkashif (Thursday, July 24, 2014)