View Single Post
Old Thursday, July 24, 2014
Medal of Appreciation: Awarded to appreciate member's contribution on forum. (Academic and professional achievements do not make you eligible for this medal) - Issue reason:

Thanked 1,122 Times in 674 Posts
mhmmdkashif has much to be proud ofmhmmdkashif has much to be proud ofmhmmdkashif has much to be proud ofmhmmdkashif has much to be proud ofmhmmdkashif has much to be proud ofmhmmdkashif has much to be proud ofmhmmdkashif has much to be proud ofmhmmdkashif has much to be proud ofmhmmdkashif has much to be proud ofmhmmdkashif has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gypsified View Post
Well, I disagree with that. There is no limit to the checks and balances that can be imposed in a democracy, and it is done in the developed world. I remember I once gave you an example, and I'll repeat it, that the French rich have to pay as much as 70% of the tax. How did this happen? Obviously, because of the pressure of the middle class which is aware and educated and knows how to voice its opinion. True, American Democracy is a slave to corporate mafia but that is not the only democracy in the world (it's still better than dictatorship, though. Anyone can drag any large organization into court, sue it, and earn millions). That's the beauty of it. Its a flexible system. The more educated and aware the public is, the more checks and balances can be imposed on the "elite" which otherwise gobbles up the resources of the country. And besides, we don't have a better alternative.
Hmmm so that means democracy 'behaves' differently in different environments, we only see how it behaves in our environment (of Pakistan) which is highly disgusting
waqas izhar (Thursday, July 24, 2014)