View Single Post
Old Thursday, July 24, 2014
Qualifier: Awarded to those Members who cleared css written examination - Issue reason: CE 2014

Gypsified will become famous soon enoughGypsified will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Hmmm so that means democracy 'behaves' differently in different environments, we only see how it behaves in our environment of Pakistan which is highly disgusting
Of course, it varies from environment to environment. Only last night I was reading Party Politics in Pakistan 1947-58 by K K Aziz, and it gives a very detailed analysis of the dirty games that politicians played during that era and which eventually culminated in Ayub Khan's coup. The last chapter is reserved for the analysis of democracy in third world, particularly Pakistan, and why it was not able to take roots. But right not I'm watching an excellent film and don't want to move from my place (pardon my laziness) but I'll post some very thought provoking excerpts from the books soon. It really taught me a few important things about democracy in Pakistan and the reasons behind its slow progress. I'll get back with the excerpts.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Gypsified For This Useful Post:
mhmmdkashif (Thursday, July 24, 2014), waqas izhar (Thursday, July 24, 2014)