View Single Post
Old Saturday, August 02, 2014

Aliinaa is on a distinguished road

Of course, you have every right to voice your opinion. Nobody is stopping you from that. I do understand the fact that you’re quite unhappy with the present state of democracy in Pakistan and so am I. I mean there is corruption, lack of accountability, extremism and what not. But I still believe in the future of democracy, you see. We need to strengthen our institutions first. With education, awareness would spread and traditional attitudes would surely change.
I have felt pessimism in your posts but I choose to be optimist. If we, youth, won’t bring the change then who would, sir? I do respect your opinion but I quite disagree with you on some issues. If dictatorship is the solution then this country should have been at its peak in terms of development. But even after 67 years of independence our country is entangled in a poisonous cobweb of economic crisis, political instability and what not. I mean if you read history then you would know that Pakistan has been under the rule of dictatorship more than that of democracy. Now you might say we did experience economic boom for some years but I’ll tell you that was due to American aid. As soon as USSR backed out from Afghanistan, we were under the sanctions of US over our nuclear program. So you see even these dictators didn’t create some miracles as some would like to believe.
It’s high time; we’ve given enough time to dictatorship to take this country out of darkness. I personally believe that democracy should be given time to show its results. Note, I am not saying that that change would occur overnight. You’ve talked about imagination and creativity in your posts. Do you really think that an authoritarian government would lead to more/pure creativity and imagination? From this point, what I perceive is that you don’t want an authoritarian rule but a welfare state where every man/woman is granted his/her right. Well that’s what we want as well. Another thing, I didn’t get your point that “Pakistan needs to control eagerness and humbleness”. That doesn’t make sense at all unless of course you’re getting personal at somebody and that’s another thing.
One more thing, I guarantee you that I won’t start bashing the heads of people who support authoritarian government/ dictatorship because I have this unique virtue of “tolerance”. 
Anyways, enough said, thank you sir for sharing your views. I appreciate your time and effort!
The Following User Says Thank You to Aliinaa For This Useful Post:
mhmmdkashif (Saturday, August 02, 2014)