View Single Post
Old Thursday, August 07, 2014
37th Common
CSP Medal: Awarded to those Members of the forum who are serving CSP Officers - Issue reason: CE 2008 - Merit 185th

Dr-malik is on a distinguished road

Respected Awais !!! I have failed to understand why you want to do a medical post graduation during your posting abroad?

Randhawa sab did LLM from china and then resigned from the service to be lawyer.

In my views your postgrad will of no use to you or your professional career if you do it in medicine.

In Foreign office government spend millions on officers to help them develop the skills relevant to Diplomacy. For example. we yearly send our officers to Australia, USA and UK for masters degree program. We send officers for French, Chinese, German, Arabic, Russian ... language training to different Countries. We have a dedecated section in the ministry (Training and Career Planning) section which spend public money on the FSP officers to train them.

if you do post graduation in international relations, law, political science, diplomacy etc. then you'll always be facilitated by the ministry. In my humble opinion, when you'll request the administration to grant you leave to study medicine everyone will label you that you want to secure your medical career by using FSP as a platform as some people in past did.

So decide now whether you want to be a doctor or a diplomat. Decision is always yours.

------------------
I wrote all this because I am a doctor and a FSP officer.
The Following User Says Thank You to Dr-malik For This Useful Post:
awais274 (Saturday, August 09, 2014)