View Single Post
Old Wednesday, August 20, 2014

waqas izhar will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stunner View Post
This forum is not only an academic learning platform for aspirants but also a place to learn and appreciate the importance of language used in our daily conversations .. A use of language or words which would also stand befitting for future bureaucrats and officials of Pakistan ..

The language you used was somewhat offensive and can be termed as direct taunt .. The forum rules state as under:

It is of the utmost importance to comply with any reasonable request made by an Administrator or Moderator as they are guided by and adhere to the rules laid down by the forum guidelines. Examples may simply involve an edit to a post where it is seen to be made in anger or taunting/abusive language is used. Users who do not comply with a reasonable request will be reported to the Admin. or a Moderator who are at liberty to remove the post completely without further question.

Forum rules can be read here:
http://www.cssforum.com.pk/general/f...-policies.html

Regards ..
Sir thanks for your kind reply. I do appreciate you terming this forum as a learning platform. I personally consider it a university. I won't name the professors , as some professors might not like that their name has not been mentioned . I have always taken the utmost care in what i put in my posts. I have even answered taunts with smiles. I think that taunting and mocking scares people away, especially from the discussion section. No problem if you do not revert the infraction as it had lessons of its own for myself. I even gave mhz99 positive reputation points to convey that no problems. However I do have a couple of reservations regarding how the mods have worked in the past and I do hope that the mods will take care of these points in the future for the growth of this forum.
1. Regarding my infraction. If you see the deleted post you will find that the deleted post was posted somewhere around 9. At around 1 a member expressed displeasure on my post and in style too . (a) He used red color. (b) He used information from my profile to taunt me. (which i don't mind as I was the one to give offense initially) Was he supposed to do both these things? I think not. After his post the mod warned me and sent me an infraction. My question is did he not see my offensive post before the other member expressed his displeasure? If he did he should have warned me and sent me an infraction before hand and not after the other member criticized the way mods work. The member who was offended by my post is a junior member. But he did break the rules ( I think). When i pointed this out to the mod he said that offensive language is a bigger offense compared to using red ink. I find it funny because will you let the thief go if you catch a murderer? The junior member should have been at least guided that (a) he is not supposed to use red color and (b) he should refrain from using personal information from profiles of other members.
2. Regarding my Language. Forgive me but it is the mods who confused me. This is a forum where a person can compare Allah with Kali, compare pious wives of paradise with voluptuous maidens and insinuate obnoxious behavior in paradise and still get away with it but a member cannot tell people (albeit in an informal syntax) that they did what they could, that they should work hard in the future, that they should pray and that they should not create 'muft ki tension'.

So please, and it is to all mods, be consistent in your judgements. In my opinion you should be paranoid regarding the contents of posts and nip the evil in the bud rather than waiting for other members to point them out.

Even if you do not answer this post at least do acknowledge that you read it.

Regards