View Single Post
Old Sunday, August 31, 2014

Hassan02 has a spectacular aura aboutHassan02 has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by mhmmdkashif View Post
One of the major things is shun superstition and start respecting science. You see Christianity always resisted science, but it survived under it. Muslims must stop this non-sense thinking 'science takes U-Turn and we cannot believe in it' (I often get to hear it from people ), science doesn't want you to believe in it, it just wants you to trust it . It must be realized that religion is not just for power and politics, it has a bigger purpose and cause which cannot be understood without 'observation and experimentation'; and if observation is limited by 'dogma' then you will never be able to see 'beyond your noses' . The biggest achievement of liberalism is to allow science. Liberalism or no liberalism; without science Muslims will never be able to shape their politics and societies in modern times.
Exactly! Ya I've heard this argument too, that science can change etc, but I fail to see how this is a bad thing; this is science's biggest strength! The very problem with religion is that it can't change with a changing world. I agree with you 100% that without science, there is no hope of survival!
The Following User Says Thank You to Hassan02 For This Useful Post:
mhmmdkashif (Sunday, August 31, 2014)