View Single Post
Old Tuesday, November 27, 2007
Provincial Civil Service
Medal of Appreciation: Awarded to appreciate member's contribution on forum. (Academic and professional achievements do not make you eligible for this medal) - Issue reason: PMS / PCS Award: Serving PMS / PCS (BS 17) officers are eligible only. - Issue reason: Diligent Service Medal: Awarded upon completion of 5 years of dedicated services and contribution to the community. - Issue reason:

Thanked 2,335 Times in 569 Posts
Xeric is a bearer of wisdomXeric is a bearer of wisdomXeric is a bearer of wisdomXeric is a bearer of wisdomXeric is a bearer of wisdomXeric is a bearer of wisdomXeric is a bearer of wisdomXeric is a bearer of wisdomXeric is a bearer of wisdomXeric is a bearer of wisdomXeric is a bearer of wisdom
Post solved objectives of Indo-Pak P-I&II 1988

INDO-PAK HISTORY PAPER-I (1988)

(Solved Objectives/Mcq’s)

Who is who/what is what? (Each part of this question is to be answered in not more than ten words).

i. The Forty:
Ans. This term refers to the forty slaves of Iltumish who played important role in contemporary politics.

ii. Panipat:
Ans. This is a famous town near Delhi. Three important battles were fought on this ground.

iii. Gulbadan Begum:
Ans. She was author of “Hamayun Nama” and sister of Mughal King Hamayun.

iv. Moeen-ud-Din Ajmeri:
Ans. He was a great saint of Chisti sect of Islamic Mysticism.

v. Moasir-ul-Umera:
Ans. It is a biography of Mughal nobles compiled by Shah Nawaz Khan.

vi. Adina Beg:
Ans. A Governor of Lahore in last years of Mughal Rule.

vii. Syed Brothers:
Ans. Hussain Ali and Abdullah Khan who flourished in the early part of the 18th century are historically known as Syed Brothers. They were King Makers for few years.

viii. Mir Bakhshi:
Ans. He was an officer under Mughal administration and was the paymaster of the state.

ix. Rohtas Fort:
Ans. The fort that was built by Sher Shah near Jehlum.

x. Firdausi:
Ans. He wrote “Shahnama” and was also a court poet of Mahmud of Ghazni.

xi. Auqaf:
Ans. Muslims Holy religious places are termed as Auqaf.

xii. Bahagar Kabir:
Ans. Founder of Bakhti Movement. He flourished in 15th century.

xiii. Kashful Mahjub:
Ans. It is renowned work on mysticism by Ali Hajveri (Data Sahib).

xiv. Muntakhab-ul-Lubab:
Ans. This is a detailed account history of Mughals written by Khafi Khan during Aurangzeb’s reign.

xv. Masjid Jamat Khana:
Ans. This is a mosque located in Khangah of Hazrat Nizam-ud-Din Aulia at Delhi.

xvi. Abul Fazl:
Ans. A leading light of Akbar’s reign. He wrote “Akbarnama” which is the most authentic history of Akbar’s period.

xvii. Tarikh-e-Mubarak Shahi:
Ans. This was a book on Syed Dynasty written by Yahya Sirhindi.

xviii. Mudrasa Rahimia:
Ans. This Madrasa was established by Shah Abd-ur-Rahim at Delhi.

xix. Jainism:
Ans. This is a religious movement started by Mahavirs.

xx. Nagar Kot:
Ans. It is a sacred Hindu town located in Kangra district.

INDO-PAK HISTORY PAPER-II (1988)

(Solved Objectives/Mcq’s)

1. Compulsory question.
(a). Fill in the blanks.

The Quaid-e-Azam:

i. Became the member of the All India Muslim League in…….
Ans. 1913.

ii. Became the President of the Muslim League for the first time in…….
Ans. 1916.

iii. Resigned from the Legislative Assembly of India in protest against…….
Ans. Rawalt Act.

iv. Asked to observe the “Deliverance Day” in…….
Ans. 1939.

(b). Identify the following in two to three sentences.

i. Bal Gangadhar Tilak:

Ans. Bal Gangadhar Tilak (1856-1920) was an Indian Nationalist Leader. He was a great Sanskrit scholar and astronomer. He was a journalist in Pune and his newspaper in Merathi language “Kesari” served a lot to India to get freedom from British rule.

ii. The Agha Khan:

Ans. Agha Khan is the title of spiritual leader of a sect within the Ismaili branch of Islam, which was formed in 1094. Agha Khan III Sir Sultan Shah, was one of the founders of the Muslim League in 1906. The present Agha Khan IV, Prince Karim Agha Khan is the 49th hereditary Imam.

iii. Nawab Mohsin-ul-Mulk:

Ans. Nawab Mohsin-ul-Mulk was the immediate successor of Sir Syed Ahmad Khan. He remained secretary of MAO College, Aligarh. He organized the Urdu Defense Association in 1900.

iv. Lord Hume:

Ans. Lord Hume a retired English Civil Servant founded Indian National Congress in 1885.

(c). Who wrote the following books:

i. Jinnah of Pakistan.
Ans. Stanly.

ii. Five Thousand Years of Pakistan.
Ans. R.E.M

iii. Pakistan: The Formative Phase.
Ans. K. B. Saeed.

iv. Constitutional Development in Pakistan.
Ans. G. W. Chaudry.

(d). Given below are certain statements. Please answer in True of False.

i. The Government of Indian Act 1919 gave the right to separate electorate to the Muslim in India.
Ans. False.

ii. 1988 Elections in Pakistan were held on the basis of separate electorates.
Ans. True.

iii. Quaid-e-Azam’s Fourteen Points were formulated in answer to the Nehru Report.
Ans. True.

iv. The Nehru Report was named Jawaharlal Nehru.
Ans. False.

(e). Please state.

i. The name of one Muslim member who took part in writing the Nehru Report.
Ans. Shoaib Qureshi.

ii. The year when the Quaid-e-Azam decided that the Muslim League would join the Interim Government in India.
Ans. 1946.

iii. The name of the non-Muslim member who became a minister in the Interim Government on Muslim League’s behalf.
Ans. J. N. Mandal.

iv. The name of a person who has been the Governor General as well as the Prime Minister of Pakistan.
Ans. Khawaja Nazim-ud-Din.
Chauhdary12 (Tuesday, November 03, 2009), Darya.Khan (Tuesday, April 06, 2010), Mao Zedong (Friday, December 31, 2010), Shazia Rana (Thursday, February 24, 2011), unique psychologist (Thursday, August 25, 2011)