View Single Post
Old Tuesday, November 27, 2007
Provincial Civil Service
Medal of Appreciation: Awarded to appreciate member's contribution on forum. (Academic and professional achievements do not make you eligible for this medal) - Issue reason: PMS / PCS Award: Serving PMS / PCS (BS 17) officers are eligible only. - Issue reason: Diligent Service Medal: Awarded upon completion of 5 years of dedicated services and contribution to the community. - Issue reason:

Thanked 2,335 Times in 569 Posts
Xeric is a bearer of wisdomXeric is a bearer of wisdomXeric is a bearer of wisdomXeric is a bearer of wisdomXeric is a bearer of wisdomXeric is a bearer of wisdomXeric is a bearer of wisdomXeric is a bearer of wisdomXeric is a bearer of wisdomXeric is a bearer of wisdomXeric is a bearer of wisdom
Post Solved objectives of Indo-Pak P-I&II, 1993.

INDO-PAK HISTORY PAPER-I (1993)
(Solved Objectives/Mcq’s)

Write the correct answers.

a. Arhai Kin Ka Jhonpra was:
Ans. A mosque.

b. Futuh-ul-Buldan was written by:
Ans. Allama Al-Buladhuri.

c. Hazrat Nizam-ud-Din Auliya was a Sufi of:
Ans. Chishtia Order.

d. Manachi was a European traveler who come to the court of:
Ans. Jahangir.

e. Sultan Naseer-ud-Din Khusrau Khan (1320-21) had his origin in the royal dynasty of:
i. The Slaves ii. The Khiljis iii. The Taghluqs d. None of these.
Ans. iv. None of these.

f. Bagh-e-Dilkusha was:
Ans. A Garden.

g. Battle of Chausa was fought in:
Ans. 1539.

h. Raj Tarangni was:
Ans. A book.

i. One of the earliest coming Saints to India was:
Ans. Khawaja Qutb-ud-Din Bakhtiar Kaki.

j. Ahmadnagar State was ruled by:
Ans. Nizam Shahi.

INDO-PAK HISTORY PAPER-II (1993)
(Solved Objectives/Mcq’s)

1. Compulsory question.
a. Fill in the blanks.

i. Home Rule League was founded in………
Ans. 1916.

ii. The Second Round Table Conference was held in……..
Ans. 1931.

iii. The Baghdad Pact was signed in……..
Ans. 1955.

iv. The System of Basic Democracy was first introduced in……..
Ans. 1959.

b. Identify the following into Two to Three sentences.

i. Hazrat Mehal.

Ans. Hazrat Mehal’s real name was Umrao. She valiantly took part in 1857 War of Independence. She was the wife of Wajjid Ali Shah of Oadh.

ii. Syed Ameer Ali.

Ans. He was an intellectual of high caliber. He worked as a lawyer, a Judge of Calcutta High Court, founded Central National Mohammedan Association and remained President of the Hughlie Imambara. He worked hard for Muslim League and Khilafat Movement. He settled down in London and died there.

iii. Manzoor Qadir.

Ans. He was son of Sheikh Abdul Qadir. He was a seasoned advocate. He represented Pakistan at the International Law Association in Yugoslavia. He worked as Foreign Minister of Pakistan and Chief Justice of West Pakistan High Court.

iv. Lala Lajpat Rai.

Ans. He was a great Arya Samajist. He took a most prominent part in the Congress affairs and along with Tilak and Bebin Pal took a prominent part in changing the Congress method from one of petition to that of application of direct sanction. He incurred displeasure of the British Government and was deported to Burma in 1907. He took part in non-cooperation movement and boycott movement.

c. Match List A with List B.
Ans.

List A List B
i. Mohsin-ul-Mulk………….i. Urdu Defense Association
ii. Liyod George……………ii. Indian Khilafat Deligation
iii. Ch.Rehmat Ali…………iii. Dehli Durbar
iv. Muhammad Ali Bogra…iv. SEATO

d. Name the authors of the following books.

i. Hayat-e-Javed.
Ans. Maulana Hali.

ii. Divide & Quit.
Ans. Penderel Moon.

iii. India Wins Freedom.
Ans. Abul Kalam Azad

iv. Foreign Policy of Pakistan: An Historical Analysis.
Ans. S. M. Burk.

f. Name the following.
i. Name the American Dignitary who flew from Pakistan to China to improve relations between China and the US.
Ans. Henry Kessinjer.

ii. Name the person who negotiated the Canal Water Dispute between India and Pakistan.
Ans. Ayyub Khan.

iii. Name the person who has been the President as well as the Prime Minister of Pakistan.
Ans. Z. A. Bhutto.
iv. Name the person who flew in Pakistan in April 1988 to be accorded a great reception.
Ans. Benazir Bhutto.

e. True or False.

i. The Quaid-e-Azam was one of the founding members of the all India Muslim League.
Ans. False.

ii. Sir Syed Ahmad Khan created the Aligarh University.
Ans. False.

iii. Begum Shahnawaz attended one of the Round Table Conferences.
Ans. True.

iv. The Quaid-e-Azam although the Governor General, used to preside over the cabinet meeting.
Ans. True.

v. General Ayyub Khan was the first C-in-C of the Pakistan Army.
Ans. False.
Chauhdary12 (Tuesday, November 03, 2009), Darya.Khan (Tuesday, April 06, 2010), heartbeatssound (Saturday, December 31, 2011), khan Shaheer (Sunday, April 22, 2012), Shazia Rana (Thursday, February 24, 2011)