View Single Post
Old Friday, October 03, 2014

Adeel Ahmed will become famous soon enoughAdeel Ahmed will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ammarah Mirza View Post
Helloo

well I am Ammara and I am appearing in CSS 2015, well as per age limit I can appear in 2015 and 2016. So I am taking 2015 mostly as a chance and see how things work. It does not mean that I am not serious.
Well I need some suggestions about the subject selection, so lets discuss my background for a clear picture of what subjects I should opt.
Well I have done Msc Economics from Qau so that makes Economics one of my optional, in bachelors I have studied Geography(in urdu) which makes me not very comfortable ab it and back then I was really good in Persian as well....
Well as far as my English concerned I will rate it a 7 if not more plus I am not the cramming type, I can write in my own worlds. So I can be good in subjective kind of subjects like sociology, journalism, political science etc ( i can write crap which makes sense, kind off)
I have Indo-Pak history in mind as I think its kind of extended version of Pakistan studies. (I think)
So now that you know my background and strengths I would like you to suggest me subjects.... i want some combo which matches my strengths and is high scoring at the same time.
I am really looking forward for some good piece of advice form seniors and members.
Regards
Ammara
As for as the domain of your interest is concerned, the following subjects may be compatible with your mentality:

Persian 200
Islamic History 200
Journalism 100
Public administration 100
International Law 100
Punjabi 100

While you think about opting INDO-PAK History or Political Science, I'll suggest you not to choose any of them because these two are very risky subjects. Moreover, since 2007 the trend of marking has been changed. Indo Pak does not stand as an scoring subject since then, same as Political Science. Be judicious while selecting any subject. The best thing is to look at the past papers before taking any subject.
The Following User Says Thank You to Adeel Ahmed For This Useful Post:
Ammarah Mirza (Friday, October 10, 2014)