View Single Post
Old Tuesday, December 18, 2007
Economist In Equilibrium
Medal of Appreciation: Awarded to appreciate member's contribution on forum. (Academic and professional achievements do not make you eligible for this medal) - Issue reason: she won the Essay competitionBest Moderator Award: Awarded for censoring all swearing and keeping posts in order. - Issue reason: Best ModMember of the Year: Awarded to those community members who have made invaluable contributions to the Community in the particular year - Issue reason: For the year 2006

Qurratulain has a spectacular aura aboutQurratulain has a spectacular aura aboutQurratulain has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mazher
@ Qurratulain (A Pretigious member of the forum)

U r so senior to talk 2 and I m also one of ur admirers. But with due respect I argue ur above mentioned statement not on personal egoic grounds but on logical debatable data.
That's so nice of you! And it's your right by birth to argue on solid grounds. I'd love to have debate as I didn't have one for a long time on this board.
Quote:

Elections are always proved in the history of the world as the best path 2 develop a viaable political system.
I totally argee with the insistence on "History of World"

Quote:

Let me plz explain my statement on factual comparison of Indo-Pak Regimes after Partition.

1) India concentrated on consolidating her Political Institute (And the only path is "the Elections") after getting power in 50's.
Yes India did so, but saying that India concentrated on institutionalization of politics only will not be a fair arguement, they did consider the economy as well, and that's why the economy is strong as well.

Quote:
2) Pakistan didn't pay much attention on this very question of that day and followed the most popular belief of Focussing "Economy" under Military Dictatorship rather than strengthening the political Institutes on sound grounds. (As it was beleived at that time.... Economy on sound ground can only be acheived by Military Rule..... but nothing was further than reality..... This thought was proved "The worst Approach in Consolidation of State")
I'm extremely sorry to say that there's no event or step in my limited knowledge that has to do something with 'Economy". The only thing our lead has concentrated always was 'Power", neither politics, nor economy.

In defence of my say, I'd like to remind you of Liaqat Ali Khan's first visit to USA (After emergence of Pakistan), where by he was asked to request whatever he needs for a new born country and he required 'arms' placing the reason that we're insecure, having India in our neighbour. At the same time Indian PM required for basic needs, i.e. industries that can provide food to their people.

So see the difference here! Election is secondary here, thought is primary!

Quote:
India chose the right path and at now, she is enjoying the healthy Democracy in her state. (President is Muslim and Prime Minister is Sikh.... Both are from Minorities)
Probably you're right! But isn't that more secularism, rather than democracy. Further according to constitution of 1973, no non-muslim can have the seat of PM or president of Pakistan.... I fear we cannot ever be democratic then, if you consider this as the base of democracy!

Quote:
But this institute (Politics) has enterd in very advanced phase after testing this path repeatedly (Only Elections)

To be continued..........
Yes, because in India, people from almost every sphere participate in election. Even Phoolan devi got right to participate, but tell me how many such examples are found in Pakistan.

I can expect positive from elections if:

Mukhtaran Mai participates in election
No feudal lord contests
At least 60% public casts votes

Last edited by Qurratulain; Tuesday, December 18, 2007 at 06:41 AM.